The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Reef, the Reef and nothing but the Reef > Comments

The Reef, the Reef and nothing but the Reef : Comments

By John Ridd, published 3/12/2008

There is total domination of the Great Barrier Reef - and only the Reef - at the expense of all other environmental problems.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Dr Nic Dunlop to you Bernie - with a BEnvSc Murd., BSc Murd. and a PhD Murd. In addition he has written some relevant, 50 refereed papers.

The survey in question was also partly funded by the Department of Environment and Conservation. I should think so too since they are predominantly responsible for the poisoning of Esperance.

How interesting that the Department of Fisheries chose to conduct their own survey after the event but of course, this is typical when these departments are found to have failed in their duties to protect the environment and public health.

Nevertheless, Sue Oldham from the Health Department said their standard advice was to avoid eating shellfish in any area because its safety could not be guaranteed.

On the other hand, you appear to be recommending that people consume these fish. Thank you once again for your flawed information, however, I shall take my advice elsewhere. Perhaps you should visit the Esperance community to find what they would have to say to you. Best you wear a hard hat Bernie and protective gear Bernie Masters.

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:xqGlKSEM4ikJ:https://www.dec.wa.gov.au/news/department-of-environment-and-conservation/esperance-initial-results.html+department+of+fisheries+WA+esperance+lead+contamination&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=au
Posted by dickie, Monday, 8 December 2008 3:09:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy