The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rupert Murdoch on education for the disadvantaged > Comments

Rupert Murdoch on education for the disadvantaged : Comments

By Valerie Yule, published 4/12/2008

Rupert Murdoch's plans for education for the disadvantaged are both inspiring and alarming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Like other commentators I have to ask why Rupert Murdoch who owns all the press in the free world and his own TV empire has to be given time on the ABC.

People should read Kenneth Davidson in The Age http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/so-ms-gillard-the-education-debate-is-about-values-whose-20081204-6rhe.html who argues that the $28 billion Federal funding package for the 1.1 million private school students is being disguised by the current rounds of teacher bashing and testing regimes that Julia Gillard is indulging in.

Can't see why she needs a $100,000 pay rise when classroom teachers earn $75,000 per annum and emergency teachers are paid $216 per day and are capable of working 210 days for a maximum of $45,360. These teachers have university degree plus teacher training plus police checks.

I agree that it costs more money to educate disadvantaged students than their more able counterparts. I believe that a more socially equitable society is a safer society with a better standard of living for the lower and middle stratum.
Posted by billie, Friday, 5 December 2008 8:33:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy