The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Russian challenge - part I > Comments

The Russian challenge - part I : Comments

By Katinka Barysch, published 13/10/2008

The rise of an assertive Russia requires the transatlantic alliance to develop greater cohesion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
My interpretation of this latest Yale product is:

Russia's response to the Georgian invasion of Russian enclaves "was swift, tough and coherent".

Electoral Candidate McCain took a timely opportunity to spruik a new Republican Cold War because the Republican Middle East quagmire is unpopular.

And many rightwing Yale Alumni look forward to shiny new foreign policy jobs for themselves in the Old McCain-New Barbie Administration.

But Obama won't let this combination of Stone Warhouse and Troopergate Pollyanna happen.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 13 October 2008 9:50:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This attack on Russia is exactly that.. an attack on the sovereignty of a once great nation... it is a kick in the guts while she is down to try to keep her down.

How STUPID does the West think the Russian are? encroaching nato alliances with their former 'sphere of influence' states.. do we think they were born YESTERDAY?.?.?.?

I don't think I've seen in all my life such an obvious LOW life attempt by the USA/West to extend it's influence at the expense of Russia upto the Russian borders as evidenced by many events in the past decade such as our 'holier than thou' cries of "poor Georgia" and "Poor Kosovo"

RUBBISH! It is becoming clearer and clearer that the posturing of the public speeches of the USA are simple thin veils for base Sartrian self interest.

That Russia showed as much restraint as she did is the amazing part.
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 13 October 2008 6:46:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy