The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Renewing our future > Comments

Renewing our future : Comments

By Amanda McKenzie and Anna Rose, published 8/9/2008

Garnaut’s targets are not enough to get us where we want to go.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Wow, after a mild absence not much has changed. Worshippers at the altar of denial spruik more of the same.

I agree that Garnaut doesn't go far enough. Scientists are typically conservative in their estimates. Garnaut has taken those estimates and made further concessions. Rudd will take those concessions and water them down some more. Leaving no change required.

Nevertheless, the uneducated and self serving will wail "my poor economy, the sky will fall!!". Andrew Bolt will confuse his graphs, and his followers will think his faeces the perfume of roses.

I'll check back again in a few weeks. Just to see if any who sup of the chalice of denial can bring a reasoned argument to bear. Toodeloo!
Posted by T.Sett, Wednesday, 10 September 2008 5:32:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
IanC ... and others.

Have you been following Professor Jolliffe's dialogue at Tamino's site?

http://tamino.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/open-thread-5-2/#comment-22080

Please read carefully to what he is saying.

Would anyone else like to comment on Ian Jolliffe's post?
Posted by Q&A, Saturday, 13 September 2008 12:56:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy