The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A homophobic defence > Comments

A homophobic defence : Comments

By Nina Funnell, published 8/9/2008

The Homosexual Advance Defence, or HAD, effectively excuses homophobic violence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Andrew Potts

“You mean like all those billions of nasty perverse non-reproducing worker ants, bees, wasps and termites”

If you care to compare yourself to insect, so be it. I have always thought homo sapiens were further up the hierarchy of critters but if you insist on identifying homosexuals as no different to hive insects then I will happily defer to your view (does that means I am allowed to clear up gay bars with a can of Baygon?)

“Individuals can still be evolutionary successes”

I fail to see how anyone can successfully contribute to the evolutionary process, when their genetic attributes do not feed back or are passed on into the gene pool.

“non reproductive males around that did not compete for females with a group's alpha male”

Yes, I had already realized and personally appreciated that, with every woman I “meet”

However, as you realize, these “non reproductive males”, by definition, do not contribute successfully to the evolutionary process.

“It's neurological with observable mechanisms that compare with those of heterosexuality”

But it is the “abnormal neurology and mechanisms” which prevail in homosexuals, just as abnormal chromosomes influence the production of those who suffer downs syndrome,

And a wide range of "abnormalities" result in folk of subnormal intellect, dwarfs, giants, sufferers of cerebral palsy and many other abnormalities, as well as homosexuality.

So in the end, being “queer” is just another abnormality.

One of which I personally extend, with all other abnormalities tolerance, excepting the psychopathic and sociopathic (where "tolerance" could be fatal)
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 13 September 2008 4:35:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col wrote:

"However, as you realize, these “non reproductive males”, by definition, do not contribute to the evolutionary process."

Dear Col,

Non reproductive males can contribute to the evolutionary process. The evolutionary process is furthered by either passing on your genes or a copy of your genes. We have kookaburras in the back yard. The offspring do not go off to form new bonding pairs but hang around and help feed their siblings as they are born sometimes as long as the parents can produce offspring. The younger siblings share genetic material with their carers. The carers give their younger siblings a better chance at life and make it more possible that they can pass on their genes.

In human beings caring for the children of a brother or sister may achieve the same purpose.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 13 September 2008 4:52:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The results of CerebalPalsy occurs during the birthing process of a healthy child,and the child is not abnormal.

Col Rouge you have obivously not been watching the Para Olympics, to see what people with disabilities can achieve, and we must be grateful that your children (if you have any) were not born with a disability.
Posted by Kipp, Saturday, 13 September 2008 5:15:09 PM
Understanding this issue is NOT rocket science, folks.

The solution to these types of problems are, almost always, fairly simple . . . .

1. Act like a civilized human being . . . meaning . . . respect
the dignity and physical space of another human being . . .
especially strangers.

2. Keep your hands to yourself, unless you have OBVIOUS
permission or acquiescence from your intended love interest
to do otherwise.

3. While in the company of others, especially strangers, keep
your genitals in your pants . . . unless you have been
respectfully, and GENTLY, invited to take them out.

Observance of these few rules of courtesy, boys and girls, will
go a long way toward preserving ownership of your "family jewels",
and avoiding a very unpleasant foreign metal object in your gut.

This message is brought to you by commonsense.org
Posted by sonofeire, Monday, 15 September 2008 1:16:01 PM
Kipp “The results of CerebalPalsy occurs during the birthing process of a healthy child,and the child is not abnormal.”

Tell that to any parent of a child which suffers cerebral palsy, they are the ones who know and the ones who have to deal with the “normality” and I bet you anything you like they will suggest your definition of “normal” is out with the pixies.

David f “In human beings caring for the children of a brother or sister may achieve the same purpose.”

Somehow, maintaining someone else’s “contribution to the gene pool” is akin to a bank clerk looking after someone else’s money… you may tend it all you want, but it is never “yours”.

As I said. previously, queer is "abnormal" but I am happy to tolerate the "abnormal", provided they respect the normal with a manner of reciprocality to the way they demand to be considered.

Sonofeire I think you win the prize for the most reasonable post on the thread.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 15 September 2008 7:26:54 PM
Col Rouge wrote:

David f “In human beings caring for the children of a brother or sister may achieve the same purpose.”

Somehow, maintaining someone else’s “contribution to the gene pool” is akin to a bank clerk looking after someone else’s money… you may tend it all you want, but it is never “yours”.

Dear Col,

What is "yours" as far as it applies to children varies from society to society. There are 8 types of family arrangements known to anthropology. in one type the biological father has nothing to do with raising children. The mother's brother(s) are the authority figures, the objects of affection and fill all the other functions that the biological father fills in our society except for the actual conception of the child.

My cousin's wife gave birth to a grossly malformed object which died shortly after birth. Since he had been in Vietnam dropping Agent Orange they were afraid to have more babies. They adopted a girl. That girl is their daughter, and it doesn't matter that they are not the girl's biological parents.

I think sometimes we worry too much about what is 'ours'.
Posted by david f, Monday, 15 September 2008 7:45:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy