The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Perpetual hunger > Comments

Perpetual hunger : Comments

By Evaggelos Vallianatos, published 17/7/2008

High food prices and hunger are the inevitable consequences of an imperial food system.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
There are two sides to starvation: demand and supply.

This artical is about Supply: Farming

But the big half of the problem is demand: the rapidly growing number of mouths to feed.

Across the poorest countries, the fertility rate is the world's highest... even up to 7 children per woman...

Unless we can increase food production by 700% every 20 years, starvation is the inevitable result...

Population management, by providing incentives and free contraception to nations struggling to provide resources for their growing populations is the only sustainable soution top mass starvation.

It saves lives, lift the poor from poverty and saves the environment.
Posted by partTimeParent, Monday, 21 July 2008 3:16:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello:

It would be interesting to know the numbers behind the 98% and 60% of farmers.

I don't think the madness has anything to do with being able to compeat thus being driven from the ground. I believe it has everything to do with a government being able to control the people from which it is far easier to control a large known group than a bunch of "peasants" if you will.

It is interesting that all of a sudden our government wants to invest in rural america when for how many years, it has been ignored as the system was designed for the greator good.

Today as the 30% age gap is not entering the profession to replace the older gap, our government knows there is a serious problem that millions have been spent trying to fix a situation it created in my opinion.

Maybe better equipment, etc... moderization was better for a time but as time catches up, I question at what point in time does failure occurr to the system because the peasants were forced out for what ever excuse valid or not.

I contend as in my case, it is about control and when wrong is being done, excuses are made in knowing who will ever find out who is right or wrong, the greator good is "fat" if you will. We see the arguements today because the scales are tipping because what happened to the peasants. Agri business, serious money etc...

What will be interesting if the bread basket in India, etc... is hit by disease, if the world food supply can recover because the lack of peasants.

I agree with Gary Grant, the article was worth reading and I question is the underlying problem to peasants in America due to the Secretary of Agriculture not monitoring nor complying with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act for decades thus the 98% and 60% respectively justified because of excuses of the system for not doing its job?

the unemployed white farmer
Posted by unemployed whtie farmer, Monday, 28 July 2008 9:22:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy