The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In the end, climate is not an economic question > Comments

In the end, climate is not an economic question : Comments

By David Spratt, published 8/7/2008

'Climate Code Red': It is now or never for truly radical action and heroic leadership.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Thanks Bushbred.

By way of clarification of my posts of 8 July, I believe anthropogenic global warming is very real and needs to be dealt with with great urgency. But if we package the battle in the way that I outlined, by addressing peak oil and sustainability, we will actually be addressing climate change much more effectively than if we just target it as the first priority…..if we can spur the necessary grassroots action and support, by bringing the issue right down to the personal level, rather than some quite ethereal, uncertain and distant changes like sea level rise, reductions in rainfall, acidification of the oceans, etc.

I know that you realise this Bushbred, but others may have thought that I was an AGW sceptic.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 13 July 2008 8:38:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy