The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Squabbling over the pigeon bill > Comments

Squabbling over the pigeon bill : Comments

By Walt Brasch, published 10/7/2008

In Pennsylvania fathers and sons bond over a bloody pigeon shoot. Two-thirds of the birds are wounded and die a slow painful death.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Welcome Dicky, Nicky, Pelican & Athur N. Well, if it isn't Wallabies it's Pigeons now.

Zoonotic? I can't find it anywhere. I can find;
1. Zoolatry. Excessive attention to animals.
2. Zoonosis. Any disease communicable to man from an animal.
3. Zoophile. One who has an excessive love of animals.

You have made me feel so ashamed. I just remembered I killed that little mouse in the pantry, Then there were the moths I sprayed in the Vege patch. Not to forget the flies, mossies & fleas I've sprayed. The spray makes them itch until they die of a heart attack. It's a slow painfull death.

Do you realize that the majority of people think bleading hearts are a joke. We shouldn't because we do realize that you have, well, "problems" & at times you should increase your lithium intake.

The're still rats of the sky. Spreading disease with the greatest of ease & most of us don't care. Now run off & have a little cry.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 12 July 2008 8:38:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jayb, you are indeed a sad case. Accusing us of psychiatric deficits is really no defence to your own disorders (amongst them literacy deficits - it's interesting how those people more disposed to cruelty and other personality disorders tend to have more of those deficits. Perhaps you had a deprived childhood, that's the excuse mnost people like you come up with).

Think Avian influenza, for one zoonotic disease, clearly attributable (look it up)to intensive farming methods; Dickie is better versed than I am about the others, but BSE is another. Refer "zoonosis".

People like you do not have the personal characteristics we should be encouraging in contemporary, intelligent society.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Saturday, 12 July 2008 6:36:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm. we all make a small spelling mistake occasionally, don't we. See below. "mnost"

"Perhaps you had a deprived childhood,(that's the excuse mnost people like you come up with)(amongst them literacy deficits)."

Sorry, I didn't have a deprived childhood. I grew up in the bush. Had a private school Catholic education. Typing is not my best point. I'll admit it. I'm a three finger typist so I occasionally hit the wrong key. but I'm not a rampant zoophile or serial Cause follower. I know you have to join a protest group to be able to pass the Uni exam. If you don't the professors will fail you. Been there, done that.

I still cannot find "zoonotic anywhere. I've looked in a Websters, Oxford, Macquarie, a Collins & a Medical Dictionary. No zoonotic. The closest from your discription is zoonosis.

I empathize with you though. I don't like blatent cruelty to anything either. Like leaving domestic animals or any animal that is in the personal care of someone without food or water. Feral animals are a different matter.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 12 July 2008 8:46:01 PM
Dear me Jayb

You must have been one of the Brothers' failures. I'm sure they would be disappointed in a pupil (even with such an appalling vocabulary as yours) resorting to the following foulness:

"Oh fa Christ sake!. The're bloody pigeons, rats of the sky. Who gives a &#1^."

But just to help you out a little, please click on the following link. As the Brothers would advise: "Try to learn something new each day Jayb."

Good luck and may the good Lord give grace to the compassionate for it is difficult to give grace to the undeserving. Aye now and ain't that the truth Jayb?

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=zoonotic+definition&btnG=Google+Search&meta=lr%3Dlang_en
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 12 July 2008 10:41:33 PM
Thanks for that, Dickie!

Jayb, if you are not one of the Brothers' more abject failures in terms of learning and literacy, one would have hoped that a "privileged" education would have succeeded in teaching basic human decency and compassion.

All animals have the same capacity for suffering. Just because an animal is determined to be "feral", or a "pest" it has come about that any means of "control" is apparently acceptable, no matter how cruel or the degree of suffering involved. And let's not forget that the majority of those animals are "out there" as a result of human negligence, neglect, ignorance and/or indifference.

I didn't have to join any protest group/s in order to attain my degrees, either. What a bizarre notion. Nor do concerns about the suffering inflicted upon animals make one a "zoophile", either. It's basic, "human" decency, something you are rather selective about.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Sunday, 13 July 2008 12:02:59 AM
Any society that still allows organised rituals in which animals are maimed and killed, for little other purpose than blood lust, disqualifies itself from being regarded as civilised.

Any individuals who need to kill defenceless animals in order to get their jollies are a blight on whatever pathological community tolerates them.

Of course, we are talking about America here - a society that glorifies firearms and which is arguably responsible for more death and destruction globally than any other in history.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 13 July 2008 9:46:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy