The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sweet Jesus, not another 'ragger' > Comments

Sweet Jesus, not another 'ragger' : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 20/6/2008

So Camden council's decision against building a Muslim school has nothing to do with racial or sectarian bigotry?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Christians and catholics rape children.

"A devout Christian who killed a man and injured his wife in a frenzied axe attack after they told him they were atheists was jailed for 18 years in Australia yesterday."

"On October 18, 2004, Arthur Shelton, a self described Christian and Eagle Scout, murdered his friend and roommate, Larry Hooper, because Hooper didn't believe in God. "
Posted by Steel, Friday, 20 June 2008 4:51:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bozo Dagwood - what a name to conjure with. Anyway, I am sorry that the link I provided doesn't work - but that doesn't mean that the article doesn't exist. In fact I just found the article again by Googling the author's name and the article title. So do that at Google by using "Farooq Sulehria" + "Blaming others".

As for the rest of your post why on Earth would I claim that the supposedly broken link is the fault of Muslims? And just because I have grown tired of tedious rants by Irfan Yusuf and Keysar Trad, how does this justify the rest of your idiotic tirade?

There is absolutely NO comparison between the position of Muslims today and that of Jews in Europe 70 years ago (or 60 years ago). Adherents of the Islamic faith constitute about 20% of the world's population. They are hardly a small minority community that has been subjected to centuries of persecution as the Jews were in the 1930s.

In fact here is an interesting point of comparison. In the past week a British Muslim woman has been awarded £4,000 for "injury to feelings" after a hair salon owner refused to employ her because she wore a headscarf to a job interview.

Please tell me where any Jewish person in the 1930s were awarded compensation for "hurt feelings"?

And please don't try to tell me that this British Muslim woman doesn't exist either. Her name is Bushra Noah. Google that!
Posted by Savage Pencil, Friday, 20 June 2008 4:52:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately racism persists. The following are the words of Mr. Right: "alien institutions ... nothing in common (with) the Australian ethos ... existence is being threatened by aliens".

And by Banjo: "infiltration of Muslims ... people of poor repute ...
reducing property values".

It is disheartening to see such hate.
Posted by Haralambos, Friday, 20 June 2008 5:57:29 PM
Hi Irfan,

It’s a sad state of affairs. Politicians say they support multiculturalism, but obviously they don’t. The Cambden council instead of welcoming Muslims, bars their way. It’d be nice to see the day when socially responsible governing displaces rhetoric. Sorry mate
Posted by Haralambos, Friday, 20 June 2008 6:14:33 PM
Bozo

the issue here is publically funded facilities which are non sectarian.

Our Church was built with our own money and our own sweat.(plus a bit of blood) We run play groups and various youth activities where many non christian people come along. But we don't allow Muslims or any other faith to practice or promote their religion in our building. Gee surprise surprise.. because we OWN it and our faith does not support any other Gospel than that of Christ.

A totally different situation from a public educational institution funded by tax payers.

As the RMIT chaplain told me later, the buddhists and Jews started asking for 'their' facility also.. in the end, RMIT decided on the most practical and fair course of action (not to mention less costly to your pocket)

ONE 'multi' faith spiritual centre which can be booked by ANY faith for ANY time, and during the booking it is exclusively for their use.

Now.. if you are intolerant of this very just and balanced state of affairs I suggest you goto the nearest 'spiritual' centre of your choice and do some reflecting.

You are sounding most intolerant there you know.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 20 June 2008 7:29:26 PM
Sadly there will be no peace in the world until religion has gone the way of the dinosaurs and we are all coffee coloured.
Posted by snake, Friday, 20 June 2008 8:05:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All