The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > China and its ethnic minorities > Comments

China and its ethnic minorities : Comments

By Jieh-Yung Lo, published 20/3/2008

The Chinese Government is currently doing much to ensure its ethnic minorities, including Tibetans, can participate equally and share in China’s economic prosperity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Just imagine what China can do when they achieve world dominance.Too many people consuming energy and resources thus lowering China's living standards! It could be time for some ethnic cleansing on a grand scale.Who would stop them given the distaste the US public have over the Iraq adventure?

Only 400 million Chinese are currently involved in their present industrial revolution.They have another 900 million waiting in the wings!The US haters may well find that North America are just a bunch of pussies in the stakes of Global power,when the China and India achieve their nemisis.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 20 March 2008 9:09:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
UNNNNNbelievable.... oh wait... no.. it IS believable... that an ETHNIC CHINESE person, sees only 'good' in what the 'Chinese' government is doing in Tibet.

And anyone who still wonders why I attacked this person in the past, for being on some ETHNIC council.. and why I claimed that 'ETHNIC' councils and community groups (IncLUDing even Churches which have an 'ethnic' name...e.g "Chinese" evangelical Church of...placename) persue racist interests.. of their own group.. should now read THIS article and 'wake up'.

If you still had lingering doubts about the true racist nature of 'ethnic' minority agendas, they should be completely dispelled by this amazing confession from Yung Lo.

He does not even SEE it as a confession.... OR .. as racist.. OR as EVIL... but it's all those things.. just ask the Tibetans who's land is being consumed by millions of ethnic HAN Chinese on a daily basis.
Ask the Tibetans who want a government job, (where they actually persue Tibetan interests) who want the freedom to criticize the government.. (and who want the freedom to do what "I" am doing right now without the worry of some thugs rolling up at 3.00am to take them a way and be 'processed' for the organ transplant market by some corrupt local PRC party member.)

So, we should re-title the article "China and its Racist Oppression and Imperialist Exploitation of defenseless vulnerable Ethnic Minorities"....

Next thing we know, Jieh will trot out an article "The valid reasons behind the Chinese invasion of Vietnam" and will list a host of benefits the Vietnamese would have obtained had the Chinese aggressors been victorious.

SO..."Who's Interests" is Jieh serving here ? Australia's? Hell no!
He is acting like a paid member of the Chinese intelligence service.

<<"its ethnic minorities can participate equally and share in China’s economic prosperity. One such example that has been booming both economically and socially is the autonomous region of Tibet.>>

EQUALLY?
Who benefits most in Tibet? err.. could it be the 8 million HAN chinese who have been given Tibetans land?
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 21 March 2008 5:48:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
one of the most disgusting articles i've read on olo. the man is a dishonest stooge.
Posted by bushbasher, Friday, 21 March 2008 11:31:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't support China's occupation of Tibet. But this article raises by implication issues about how Tibet was run by the monks. This is a worthy article for OLO because it puts another perspective that is impossible to find in the Australian press, and it provokes some hard questions.

It is probably not easy for Jieh-Yung to put this argument, given the way most Australians feel, but I'd ask posters to show him some respect. Deal with his arguments, not his presumed character.
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 21 March 2008 7:59:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
nonsense. lo's arguments may have some truth behind them, and in fact i think some of them do, but they are completely irrelevant. china has no moral right to decide tibet's fate. end of story. everything else is apologist obfuscation. the only question is whether lo knows he's a stooge or not. that is, is he a hack or a fool?
Posted by bushbasher, Saturday, 22 March 2008 2:06:04 AM
I strongly support Graham Young's stance on this one, though I differ strongly with his some of his philosophy in other areas.
It might be sobering to step back a bit from the heat - far enough to admit that information coming out of Tibet at the moment is hardly neutral whatever its origins.
The place was never a fairy-land Shangri-La. I have sympathy for the poor buggars caught in the middle at the moment - whether they are being shot by Chinese military, or burned in their buildings by the activists. The pacifist Dali Lama is indeed in a distressing position however it is viewed.
Graham Young is right to allow perspectives from either side - and any sensible observer will expect some imbedded disinformation in both.
Posted by colinsett, Saturday, 22 March 2008 9:31:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy