The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When torture isn't really torture > Comments

When torture isn't really torture : Comments

By Jason Leopold, published 11/3/2008

‘Torture memo’ author, John Yoo, used a health care statute to form the legal basis for the interrogation technique of waterboarding.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Bush wants to use torture. A hired gun provides a legal basis for it.

End of story.

The US administration should be condemned for its use of torture. If there were justice in this world, Bush, Blair, Howard and now Rudd would be arrested and on trial for crimes against humanity.

But the justice that exists is the justice of the rich and powerful.
Posted by Passy, Sunday, 16 March 2008 7:54:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm extremely sorry that I did not respond to this much earlier.

The issues here have the potential to effect us all. It is clear to me that we are not seeing this.

Yoo lived by the sword and 'died' by the sword. In giving the Bush/Rumsfeld neo-con coven what they wanted, Yoo believed would take him up the Bush Administration ladder. He was bypassed. So he pulled out.

The dangers of creatures like this is that they use their skill and expertise to manipulate human rights issues like a Rubik's cube, to 'sanitize' torture; to make it acceptable by not 'really' being torture.

Swine like Yoo will do this to get ahead!!

So:-to elevate themselves, they knowingly condemn hundreds of detainees,- (note: I did not say 'terrorists', that in MANY cases was a tenuous assumption at the very least),-to extreme pain; psychological torture;-and even death.

And Yoo is not a solitary figure in these endeavours; this orb is permeated with these slimeballs. On the most simple level, right down to skunks like Yoo; there are those who will elevate themselves by damaging or ruining the lives of others.
Posted by Ginx, Tuesday, 1 April 2008 4:08:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy