The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The government finally 'gets it' > Comments

The government finally 'gets it' : Comments

By Antonio Buti, published 13/2/2008

It is a sign of respect to say 'sorry'. This does not make the current generation responsible for past policies but acknowledges that many Aboriginal people suffered.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Banjo what sort of moron are you? a few loser's do not define a community, because if so lets apply that principle to the number of rapes, murders and antisociable behaviour committed by whites each day as reported in the media.

As for leigh you like to mock Indigenous people and issues whilst benefiting from our land, taxes and our defence of its borders. You whites that think like you sit in the comfort of your homes, whilst my two sons and those of other Indigenous people are at the front lines fighting the Taliban.

Citenzship is earned not aquired by the colour of ones skin, and we have shed far too much blood for this country to be ignored and mocked. Hopefully today makes a change for the better and I can finaly wear my medals with pride at anzac cove this April.
Posted by Yindin, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 1:38:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
YINDI ITS sad you have no heart that what the stolen generation went through such as rapes and abuse by the very people who took them ,and who were to take care of them

ALSO WILL YOU say that about the forgotten australians that were raped and abused by those who ran these homes and institutions of where the goverment of australia placed the vulnerable children of which the goverment and all states had control of

THE GOVERMENT IS STILL COVERING UP THE RAPES AND ABUSE THAT WE ALL SUFFERED ,
I AM WHITE AND I AM A VICTIM OF THE RAPES AND ABUSE THAT OCCURRED THROUGH OUT THE HOMES THAT ARE MENTIONED IN THE SENATE REPORTS , SO IN YOUR EYES THESE PERPERTRATORS ARE ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND WITH THEIR HEAD HELD HIGH SO THEY CAN CONTINUE THEIR ABUSE ON THIS DAYS COMMUNITY ,YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT IF IT HAPPEND TO YOU OR ANY OF YOUR FAIMLY OR FRIENDS WOULD YOU ,AS YOU WOULD BE THE FIRST TO WANT THEM DEALT WITH ,

WE ARE VICTIMS OF THE MOST HORRIFFIC CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN , IM A FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIAN AND WE WILL NO LONGER BE FORGOTTEN

HUFFNPUFF,

LEAST THE PRIME MINISTER SAID SORRY THATS A START , MORE GUTS THAN THE PREVIOUS GOVERMENT
Posted by huffnpuff, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 3:53:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with the reservations expressed about 4 year old children to be in pre-school...if one learns about recognizing signs and symptoms of an emotionally traumatized young children...ie 6 and under...and which does not take long to learn...most of our young children are exhibiting the said signs to different degrees...on the streets, kinda and schools...so when we are struggling to get this addressed how can we effectively help the little aboriginal ones...only difference generally is our kids seem to have a stronger ability to compensate...aboriginal children go on to a destructive cycle as they get older...

For a start...before billions get thrown at this for benefit of the 'contractors' with little practical effect...I suggest identifying population groups, numbers and migration patterns...then build a nice swimming pool at carefully identified locations that we maintain with particular care...the water is just a magnet for those children in the desert...chlorine cleans wounds and skin infections...and they get the happy interaction exercise in a safe and monitored environment...almost guaranteed that any child within walking distance will be clamoring to be brought here...then around this build a clinic...in another carefully planned and workable step an school...etc with police to maintain the law and peace around the children...

cant see how this wont at least help if not work...only problem is how do you get the water there and keep it there in that heat...that is now the engineers problem...

Sam
Ps~if there is a lesson in all this it is that we must look at each other first as the person...then issues of skin colour etc all become less relevant...so using terms as 'you whites' implies you first see yourself as tribe/skin colour etc above all else...and which defined as a racist...and which just as ugly what ever the skin colour or heritage of the person acting that way...hope you understand...
Posted by Sam said, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 4:09:58 PM
What does the author mean when he says 'white' Australians? It is typical of the racism of aboriginal people to assume that we are all the same race because we look alike. I am a sixth generation Australian of Irish(Celtic) ethnicity and my ancestors were brought to Australia in chains against their will. Why do aboriginals put the blame on 'white' Australians for the 'occupation' of their land? If anyone is to blame it is the British government.

My people(the Irish) have suffered a lot more and for a lot longer from British injustices than aboriginals, yet I don't need any apologies. I think the aboriginals should be thoroughly ashamed of their racist behaviour.
Posted by Bill02, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 4:38:21 PM
Today I feel a very proud Aussie Pom, Like most on here I am an immigrant.

No matter what Aussie generations we are, we are immigrants and I am beholden to the Kaurna people, for allowing me to live on their land.

I enjoy a quality of life, I would never have had from whence I came.

To those who accept their quality of life as taken, just think! It came at the expense of others.
Posted by Kipp, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 5:15:05 PM
To all those who make positive comments about today's events (and this excellent article) - my heart felt THANKYOU!

As one notable human being once said:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 5:54:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy