The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Paddy 'UNREPENTANT' McGuinness > Comments

Paddy 'UNREPENTANT' McGuinness : Comments

By David Flint, published 12/2/2008

Paddy McGuinness was a remarkable and extraordinarily positive influence in the life of this nation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Although I appreciated his wit, I usually disagreed with everything that Paddy wrote, particularly in recent years.

However, I am informed by reliable sources that he was a bloody good bloke.

Vale P.P. McGuinness.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 14 February 2008 10:00:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A Streeeeeeeaaaaaam of words from Lord David.

Paddy was not infallible, nor very interesting.

And why he is being raised to Sainthood is beyond me, other than there are few on the Right who even try to pass as thinkers, so in that sense PMcG was fairly unique.

After all, look at what's left.... Helen Hughes, the CIS camp and The Coalscuttle.

Yes, I suppose he did shine after all.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Monday, 18 February 2008 2:37:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He was an arch hypocrite. He railed against public awards until he was offered one and then accepted.
He couldn't even display loyalty to his own principles.
Posted by shal, Monday, 18 February 2008 3:22:56 PM
Paddy was a bore but a very good one. A coherent and interesting piece. Who wrote this and what've you done with the other David Flint?
Posted by bennie, Monday, 18 February 2008 3:53:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy