The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Offering educational opportunities > Comments

Offering educational opportunities : Comments

By Stephen Hagan, published 21/2/2008

The inducement of money to entice experienced teachers to remote communities is a step in the right direction but not if the home environment isn’t also remedied.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
dave here I contacted Stephen Hagan to see if he could help get some publicity on my son's case as he was removed under false allegations & lies & hasn't even been afforded an education My son entered high school in 2006 doing his reading & spelling from grade2 his mathematics out of grade3 His next year wasn't much better but he is musically minded he should be as I have photo when he was 61/2 years of age playing his didge As my son is with his grandparents everything is supposed to be O'K yet these are the people who concocted the allegations in the first place as the hate the fathers[mine] guts so they hurt my son
God Bless may your Lord shine on you all well
Dave
Posted by dwg, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 1:37:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stephen, you and other Aboriginal academics quote and have quoted Martin Luther King. As I understand, He fought for Integration. Integration into the existing education system. They wanted an Equal Opportunity via what was already established. And it could may well be argued, that they succeeded. And it served them well ! From an initial, American Civil Rights influence, our stated leaders, these days mostly Aboriginal academics, have steered the focus and direction to Victim Hood. Stephen, as an academic and researcher, where did our mob lose association, contact and direction from or with the Afro American civil rights mob? Why did we move away? Could we be as successful? Why is Segregation in Education a focus and agenda? Was Cultural Appropriatness ever an Issue in Education, with the descendants of slaves? Could it be, you academics have it Arse about Face?!?!You and others need to consider this as our youth seek inspiration from over the ocean. Micheal Jordan, Tiger Woods and of course, the multi millionaired Hip Hoppers! They are sick of and don't want to be the Victims and hence, Losers, any more. They want to be Winners! Just like their Idols, the Afro Americans. The Supreme Black Achievers. And a big Thanks, to the misguided leaders including out of touch Aboriginal academics like you, we may just have lost them
Posted by ALB, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 5:09:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stephen, you and other Aboriginal academics quote and have quoted Martin Luther King. As I understand, He fought for Integration. Integration into the existing education system. They wanted an Equal Opportunity via what was already established. And it could may well be argued, that they succeeded. And it served them well ! From an initial, American Civil Rights influence, our stated leaders, these days mostly Aboriginal academics, have steered the focus and direction to Victim Hood. Stephen, as an academic and researcher, where did our mob lose association, contact and direction from or with the Afro American civil rights mob? Why did we move away? Could we be as successful? Why is Segregation in Education a focus and agenda? Was Cultural Appropriatness ever an Issue in Education, with the descendants of slaves? Could it be, you academics have it Arse about Face?!?!You and others need to consider this as our youth seek inspiration from over the ocean. Micheal Jordan, Tiger Woods and of course, the multi millionaired Hip Hoppers! They are sick of and don't want to be the Victims and hence, Losers, any more. They want to be Winners! Just like their Idols, the Afro Americans. The Supreme Black Achievers. And a big Thanks, to the misguided leaders including out of touch Aboriginal academics like you, we may well have lost them
Posted by ALB, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 7:18:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy