The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Boys and guns > Comments

Boys and guns : Comments

By Peter West, published 11/1/2008

A new report from the UK might encourage a move back to single-sex learning, even within a coeducational school.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Jolanda, You seem to be in every post on anything to do with education. Your children seem very willing to inform you of any infringement of the rules-I am not sure what "ideal" school environment you wish for your children but do you think harping on kids kicking footballs is that important. Your helicopter parenting style is one that does nothing to build resiliance in kids. I am assuming you live in Sydney somewhere- is this a particularly rough area or are you just incredibly persitent in highlighting any issue which may/may not upset your children.
Posted by pdev, Monday, 14 January 2008 4:02:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am commenting on this blog on this topic and on this thread. If you want to challenge what I say then do so. Your post seems to be directed at just wanting to discredit me and my children.

You wont come across many kids as resliant as mine and that is why they want to stand up against the bullies in the system and those who fail in their duty of care. It is my job to listen to them, respond to their needs and protect them.
Posted by Jolanda, Monday, 14 January 2008 4:11:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda,

My boys (3 of them) arnt aggressive.
"Boys these days are aggressive and they do not think before they act.

Which boys are you refering to all others but yours? Where do you get your information from, have you done a study? or is it what your children say.

"because parents are not teaching them to consider how their actions impact on others. Girls are also catching on."

Which parents are you talking about all parents but you. where do you get your information from. YOUR CHILDREN.

I am sure that some boys dont think before they act, and some parents dont teach them to consider how their actions impact on others. Most parents teach their children well. There will always be a SMALL handfull of children,boys and girls, who give their parents and schools a hard time but the majority are kind polite caring just like your children,

But maybe you should think before you write/act and stop discrediting all children and parents , except you and your children.
Posted by Annoyed Parent, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 8:47:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Annoyed parent. I have two boys and they too are not aggressive but as a rule boys tend to be aggressive and they are aggressive because they are not taught to consider their actions or taught respect.

If your boys are not like that then good for you. I wasn't talking about those minority of boys who are different. Here we are talking in general about boys. I get my information from my children and from what I see, research and read.

Hey did you read the latest one from Corey
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/comments/0,22058,23052149-5001021,00.html

This type of child is the type that society is producing today.
Posted by Jolanda, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 9:26:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda,

Boys tend to be aggressive because of their pesky testosterone. I guess its similar to when women go through menopause, its not the parents.
Posted by Annoyed Parent, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 9:47:23 AM
Annoyed Parent,
You are the result of testosterone, and I didn’t think it was “pesky”.

Almost every school has been built by a male, and males provide most of the money to run schools.

This is probably as a result of testosterone also, something perhaps teachers should remember when developing their attitudes regards boys.
Posted by HRS, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 2:35:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy