The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Krusty the Clown and the rise of Mr Xenophon > Comments

Krusty the Clown and the rise of Mr Xenophon : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 20/11/2007

The decline in support for established political parties may lead to the rise of some interesting independent Senators.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
This is the most erudite assessment of Nick Xenophon I have yet seen.
I base this view on an accidental meeting at a outdoor cafe in North Adelaide. I was walking past and a friend called me over. Sitting with him was one Nick Xenophon. I was invited to join them.

I'm normally a fairly gregarious person, but there was no way I could participate in conversation with these two. Neither finished a thought, an idea, a viewpoint or a sentence in the conversation that followed. It was all about Nick and politics. Admittedly, the "conversation" was interrupted by endless mobile calls -- all to Nick.

Nevertheless, I came away pleased I had not voted for him, and firm in my intention not to do so in the future. There appears to me to be no coherent social, political and/or economic system of beliefs within whatever ideology he holds. I suspect that may vary from day to day. He is a man for all seasons, and a man for no season at all. To me, he has as much substance as a snow-flake. And people WILL tire, in the end, of all the media stunts.

Willow
Posted by Willow, Tuesday, 20 November 2007 9:23:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reliable sources say Mr Xenophon - he in trouble. Big trouble by taking on AMWU over alleged mispresentation according to ABC radio and now his partner is calling him an anti-politician. The problem with spin is that when the wheels fall off, the come off fast.
Posted by Cheryl, Wednesday, 21 November 2007 4:36:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Never a truer word said..."He's not going to do anything about it either. He's just going to articulate back to an angry public what they feel - not unlike a therapist."

I don't need someone insulting my intelligence. Why has he done nothing about reforming the worker's compensation system? With his background, over the last 10 years, he could have dealt WorkCover a body-blow from which it would never have recovered. But he will chair injured worker group meetings and pay them platitudes. WAKE UP SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Posted by Matthew4758, Tuesday, 4 December 2007 2:34:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy