The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Young people duped by a culture of degrading sexual attitudes > Comments

Young people duped by a culture of degrading sexual attitudes : Comments

By Maree Crabbe, published 15/11/2007

Young people are being ripped off by a culture that promotes a hollow understanding of intimacy and tolerates degrading attitudes towards women.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. All
Romany,
What is very apparent in this thread is the amount of insults, name calling and abuse given out by people who say that men abuse women.

It is likely that the most abuse and victimization of girls in schools is coming from other girls.

In the workplace, and woman is more likely to be abused or injured by another woman than by a man.

In the home, if the domestic violence is not mutual, then it is likely that the woman initiates the domestic violence about 70% of the time.

If there is some type of conflict between a male and a female, then the male is more likely to cause more physical injury, (although I have seen a case of a boy standing with his arms folded waiting for a girl to stop kicking him, while 1 punch from him and she would have stopped kicking him).

You are saying that there is “male violence towards woman...across the board”. This now stereotypes all males as being violent towards females.

So could you state the ACTUAL NUMBERS or % of males who are violent towards females.

Also could you find the elusive feminist document that says something positive about the male gender. I don’t think a “dissident feminist” would count, or a feminist who has written something in an obscure blog site, or someone like Dorris Lessing who has rejected feminism.
Posted by HRS, Saturday, 8 December 2007 10:52:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HRS you are right when you say most of the abuse of girls is from other girls.

Barbara Lecke conducted a study title TITLE OF PAPER: Girls, Bullying Behaviours and Peer Relationships: TheDouble Edged Sword of Exclusion and Rejection.

There have been a large number of studies into girls bullying behaviour and how they have adapted to using technology to expand their repertoire.

I understand in more recent years that their behaviour has been getting more physical. There was a research paper which showed that prior to this girls usually got the boys to do the physical stuff
Posted by JamesH, Saturday, 8 December 2007 10:00:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JamesH

You and HRS are both right on bullying that takes places between females.

However, that is a completely separate issue to the topic of this thread.

I swear right now I feel sorry for the mens' rights lobby.

You two would slot nicely into those bitchy girls groups.

By the way, mens' rights groups are often run by those bitchy girls you've just spoken about.
Posted by Liz, Saturday, 8 December 2007 10:13:49 PM
Liz,
As a democratic, non-feminist and articulate teacher, you’re now calling other women “bitchy”.

It is intriguing how there is so much name calling and insults from those who believe that there is widespread abuse of females by males.

The author wants to go into schools to lecture boys about not abusing girls, but if the main abuse of girls is coming from other girls, then maybe the author should get their priorities right.

But if there is so much abuse of females by males, could you state the number of males, or the % of males who abuse females.

As a teacher, you must have been trained to answer questions, and I won’t even trouble you to find a feminist document that says something positive about the male gender, as that assignment may be impossible to complete.
Posted by HRS, Saturday, 8 December 2007 11:27:26 PM
Why thank you Liz, I have been called many names before, but not bitchy.

I came across this site today.
http://menscollegeactivist.org/

An article by Psychologist Toby Green kind of made me understand a little bit more about the reason why some women get really, really upset when men do not agree with them.

Basically this has to do with the belief that if someone disagrees with their opinion they then feel that, that person is discounting them as a person.

Hence if people like myself and HRS try to challange manipulative sterotyping we get told that we hate women, which is an effective way of trying to discount the issues that are raised. The only thing is that this is not going to go away any time soon. As demonstrated by the above website younger men too are challanged feminist dogma.

I watched a process happen recently on the morning TV shows. They interviewed a Santa who had been sacked. Apparently Santa said to a child that they had a pretty mummy. One TV show host then said Santa had told the kid they had a hot mum. The facts get distorted and exaggerated.
Posted by JamesH, Sunday, 9 December 2007 10:44:44 AM
liz wrote 'By the way, mens' rights groups are often run by those bitchy girls you've just spoken about'...

true liz...and men have caught on to that...and most of these organizations are getting cleaned out...and hopefully the lesson was well learnt...be careful who you let into your 'safe zone'...the principle can be expanded and...for most of us its our homes...make sure they are who they make themselves out to be...

From what i heard for every effective action these organization tried to take, women acted as 'monitoring bases' in these organization feeding the information out...and reality was that they were almost ineffective...though some meant well...

But they were one of the first to get the message of the abuse going on in the family court out to the public...

And to 'feminists'...I note an attempt to separate the some of the aggressive women as the feminists...I diagree with that...I think every woman has 'feminism' in her...just how active she is the organized collective is the variable...but all accept the unbalanced benefits it brought...

Show me a group of women who acted againts the damage 'feminists' were doing to fatherchild and the long term sequale on society...who tried to get the message out to the public and faced the 'music' for it from other women...I couldnt in any media search...I certainly will be interested...it seems this does not exist...amazing isnt it...or is it...

Sam
Posted by Sam said, Sunday, 9 December 2007 7:01:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy