The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Forgotten Australians ask us: what sort of country are we really? > Comments

The Forgotten Australians ask us: what sort of country are we really? : Comments

By Angela Sdrinis, Richard Hil and Nick Rose, published 7/11/2007

If compassion for those in need is an 'Australian value', we must give our attention to those who suffered abuse in institutional care.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Frankgol

Thank you for responding to my email.

I find it most interesting that you and I are the only ones communicating on this page.

Are we being politically "incorrect" in raising this issue?

I have the persistance, tenacity and resilliance in order to move my issues forward in seeking compensation for all Child Abuse Victims whilst institutionalised in homes from the 1930's to 1980's.

I am only one voice, but there are voices like myself out here doing our bit in seeking justice for all abused children.

I wish you and your family a very merry christmas and a Happy New Year.
Posted by SAINTS, Thursday, 20 December 2007 3:11:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HI TO ALL THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS haven't been online for a few weeks as had no computor , anyway ,thanks for joining in on the post saints hopefully another voice will be able to get us that bit closer well what about W.A they finally apoloigized yet here we are in N.S.W still suffering with what we endured at the hands of these pedophiles im no silent person no more i even faxed and emailed minister greene in asking when is N.S.W. going to acknowledge us forgotten australians in this state still awaiting his reply this is all still been covered up in N.S.W as it was in W.A but least W.A admitted to the wrongs their state victims suffered and this is what N.S.W should be doing we will no longer be the forgotten australians as we shall not stay silent it happend to us victims and the goverment knows the truth that it did happen and has been happening for many many many years as we know I WISH EVERYONE OF THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS A MERRY XMASS AND A SAFE NEW YEAR AND OF OUR FRIENDS WHO ARE NO LONGER WITH US IM JUST HOLDING ON MYSELF KIND REGARDS MICHEAL
Posted by huffnpuff, Saturday, 22 December 2007 5:39:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on you Michael. Hang in there mate. It takes guts to do what you are doing, and determination too. Lots of people are thinking of you at this time.

All the very best.

Frank
Posted by FrankGol, Saturday, 22 December 2007 6:23:36 PM
Michael - you had BETTER hang in here......there are many people behind my voice - and many others - who have certainly not forgotten the attrocities that occurred to you all as children "our children".
This is the first time since Federation that both State and Federal Governments have been Labor - don't know as yet if this is a good thing or a bad thing....but I can assure you there is absolutely no further excuses can be made by State or Federal in saying oh this issue belongs to the State or visa versa as they are both in the same camp - so to speak.
Let's now see who will be the Ministers with "balls" enough to take this issue right to the top to enable the State of Limitations be lifted, seeking a Royal Commission Enquiry and compensation for all abused victims.
Merry xmas huff and puff - want you to keep viewing this page for updates.
Posted by SAINTS, Monday, 24 December 2007 3:47:02 PM
MERRY XMASS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS AND OF THOSE OF OUR FRIENDS WHO ARE NO LONGER WITH US , SAINT'S I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SURPORT I WOULD LIKE IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME AND CLICK ON MY USER NAME AS IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW COMMITTED I AM TO WANTING N.S.W TO STOP THE COVER UPS OF THE SODIMISATIONS AND RAPES ASSULTS BASHINGS THE WHOLE ABUSE THAT WE ALL SUFFERED IN THESE INSTITUTIONS THAT THE STATE OF N.S.W. HAD CONTROL OF OF WHICH WAS RUN BY THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT, I CAN ONLY HOPE MYSELF THAT N.S.W WILL HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY SORRY MR IEMMA HAS MY MOBILE AS I SENT IT AS WELL AS MY ADRESS AND HOME PHONE YET I STILL HAVE NOT ANY CALL SAINT ,ASSOICIATE JUSTICE MACREADY SAID IN HIS JUDGEMENT IN COURT ON THE 20TH SEPTEMBER 2006 THAT THE COMPLAINT IS PLAINLY REAL AND A TRAGIC PART OF OUR HISTORY, AS I SAID I TABLED THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS IN THAT CASE AND NOW IM APPEALLING THE COURTS DISSMISAL , IVE GOT NOTHING TO HIDE THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT DOES AS I GIVEN THEM ALL MY CRIMINIAL HISTORY , DAY ONE SINCE I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR JUSTICE I KNOW IM NOT ALONE IN GETING JUSTICE GOD IM STILL HERE AT PRESENT SO IF NO ONE HEARS FROM ME FOR MORE THAN A WEEK YOU KNOW SOMTHING HAPPEND TO ME SO I WISH ALL THE VERY BEST OF WHAT IS TO COME FOR US ALL IN THE YEAR OF 2008 ,WWE ARE NO LONGER THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS KIND REGARDS MICHEAL, TO ALL THE POLITICIANS OUT THERE HAVE THE BALLS TO STAND UP AS FOR OUR WOMEN LEADERS HAVE THE GUTS TO FIGHT FOR US AS WELL , ITS NOT JUST WOMEN /GIRLS THAT WERE RAPED IT WAS BOYS AND A GREAT MANY OF US AND THIS IS TRUTH, REGARDS MICHEAL
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 24 December 2007 10:51:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy