The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Textploitation - political correctness for students > Comments

Textploitation - political correctness for students : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 5/10/2007

History wars: our students are encouraged to marinate in the West’s sin.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Bushbred.

Rwanda wasn’t stuffed up by westernised borders. The Tutsi and the Hutu are both part of the Kinya-rwanda. They speak the same language and have the same cultural and religious background.

The problem was the Belgian colonialists who, through the pseudoscience of the time, elevated the Tutsis because of their more Caucasian appearance.

The Rwandan Genocide can be laid squarely at the feet of the UN, who had forces ON THE GROUND, prior to the massacre. There was plenty of intelligence available which suggested that a large scale ethnic cleansing was being planned. Yet the UN did nothing. Clinton likewise did nothing and it is to his eternal shame.

As for Israel having a say over the whole Middle East, what evidence do you put forward for this assertion? Israel has threatened no-one with nukes? Indeed they have hardly even admitted having them.

The current push against Iran is American policy, not proxy for Israeli strategic benefit. Whilst their interests might well align on this issue, there is little doubt Bush has been actively pursuing policies to reduce the Iranian threat in the Middle East for American benefit.

If you recall BushBred the Saudi regime invited US troops into the country when they were being menaced by Saddam. Without American troops the Saudis could well have lost a significant portion of their country. Virtually every nation in the UN supported the coalition during the Gulf War. The US fought beside Arab armies from of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, And now you are trying to rewrite this episode as an Oil grab. The new left is rewriting history to better fit their dearly held beliefs

Whoever is right in this debate, there can be little doubt that children are being taught versions of history which are not even remotely universally agreed upon. In fact society is fairly closely split on either side of this divide. Surely it would be far better to teach children both views and then let them decide for themselves.
Posted by Paul.L, Saturday, 6 October 2007 10:31:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul L

Kaiser–Archduke So? How does that change the point I made that World War 1 was not caused by the West but was set off by the assassination of the Leader of one tribe by another tribe in a multicultural society. The Serbs called on their old tribe from Russia for help and they got it . This meant that the Austro- Hungarians and Russia were then at war.

I was watching one documentary on it that said that one of the neigbouring countries was pulled into the war because of their fear of what would happen if the Russians took control of the Austro Hungarian region. I cant remember if it was France or which now but that’s how it happened. And of course other countries including England were drawn in because of their different allegiances and self interests.

I was using the word Semitism in the sense of religious belief. The Germans didn’t hate the Jews so much because of what they believed in, as much as they feared that the millions of prosperous Jews were becoming too powerful in business and monetary affairs and that eventually they would take control of Germany. You don’t murder 6million people in gas chambers because they believe in pink fairies or something. It’s the non-intregration (tribalism) of these religions and the eventual territorial threat that they pose that leads to their ethnic cleansing.

Mankind like any species in the wild will protect his territory with deadly force if it becomes necessary. It’s the law of nature. Hence the never ending ethnic cleansing. I’m not defending it or denying the awfulness of it. Its just the way it is.
Posted by sharkfin, Sunday, 7 October 2007 1:56:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ho Hum - “Should we go back and create some kind of Mono-cultural utopia.

We should also realize that multi-cultural utopia does not exist either . Now I have heard people quote periods from history when societies lived happily for a couple of generations or more but what they fail to do is look further along the track to the inevitable fighting that eventually broke out maybe a couple of 100years or more further down the track.. They conveniently just select a short period in history. Multicultural ism or the successful intregration of different tribes has often happened when countries have been over run and the males have raped all the woman and so bought the territory under their control by the most brutal means of forced intregration.

All wars are at their core tribal, over control of some territory or resources.
Tribal warfare has raged from without, that is- armies from different countries(tribes) overrunning other countries whilst ethnically cleansing as they go; and it has also raged from within, demands for separatist states etc.

The Turks slaughtered something like 1million muslims, which they don’t speak of or acknowledge today.
The Japanese while expanding into China under their policy of creating a Japanese Asian Empire for the greater good or some such propaganda slaughtered 15million Chinese, if I remember that figure rightly from Wikepedia. Japan was really exploiting Chinese territorial resources for the good of Japan.

Do I think all the problems of the world are caused by multiculturalism. No,but I believe all the wars in the world are inevitably between two tribes or more over territorial control. Multiculturalism is just a fancy way of saying multi tribes. If true intregration takes place (tribal intermarriage) , then multiculturalism could be utopia. If not,then then it sets the scene for more of the bloody tribal warfare and ethnic cleansing that we have already seen in countries such as Rwanda , Serbia,Timor, and wars we have seen across all of history that would fill hundreds if not thousands of pages if they were all listed.
Posted by sharkfin, Sunday, 7 October 2007 2:57:33 AM
sharkfin

Who was your History teacher? Cute! "World War 1 was not caused by the West but was set off by the assassination of the Leader of one tribe by another tribe in a multicultural society." I dropped my sherry and fell screaming to the floor! Got any more comics like that?

Your RI teacher must have been a hoot too. "You don’t murder 6million people in gas chambers because they believe in pink fairies or something. It’s the non-intregration (tribalism) of these religions and the eventual territorial threat that they pose that leads to their ethnic cleansing." Although I didn't quite follow you on the religion of Turkey, "The Turks slaughtered something like 1million muslims..." you say. Is this tribalism, religious fanaticism or zoology?

Your next set of comics goes for zoologics: "Mankind like any species in the wild will protect his territory with deadly force if it becomes necessary. It’s the law of nature. Hence the never ending ethnic cleansing. I’m not defending it or denying the awfulness of it. Its just the way it is."

Were you thinking of Australia when you told us that "Multicultural ism or the successful intregration of different tribes has often happened when countries have been over run and the males have raped all the woman and so bought the territory under their control by the most brutal means of forced intregration"?

Should we be out there belting the tripe out of everyone who's not like us and we males raping the women? After all, as you say, "It's just the way it is."
Posted by FrankGol, Sunday, 7 October 2007 11:09:28 AM
Frankgol, the Jews of Germany were among the most assimilated Jews of any time. Until the Nuremberg Laws of 1933 they participated fully in German society and were represented at all socio-economic levels.

It is also quite erroneous to say that 6 million died "in gas chambers". Many were shot, starved and many Jews committed suicide.
Posted by Seneca, Sunday, 7 October 2007 11:28:02 AM
Paull, yes, the Belgians in colonial Rwanda were out to make one tribe even more superior to the other, and as taught in university lectures the addition of an interior colonial borderline really helped to cause the shocking genocide that followed.

And talking about the first Gulf War, Paull, if you remember there was a wealth of controversy over it. One American professor talking on our TV was totally obsessed. Guess you would call him another left-wing loonie.

Actually Kuwait itself was originally part of Iraq, and its so precious ports occupied by the British after WW1, and unlawful possession as in the graball colonial days just fell into place as permanent by the West by later installing a puppet Prince.

Paull, after I gained my Post-Grad in the general Social Sciences at Curtin, while taking groups connected with the Uni' of the 3rd Age for 13 years, most of my connections have been with Murdoch.

Certainly I'll be waiting wth bated breath for you to inform me that, yes, Murdoch is the home of Left-Wingers.

Finally, and please don't kid me about the Americans not having oil mostly on their minds, especially with Vice Pres' Cheney a former oil boss, as well as others of the Bush staff like Condy Rice.
Posted by bushbred, Sunday, 7 October 2007 12:04:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy