The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Team Bush intends to 'transform the Middle East' > Comments

Team Bush intends to 'transform the Middle East' : Comments

By Marko Beljac, published 17/9/2007

It is becoming apparent, from the actions of the United States, that we could be sliding into a two-front war against Iran and Syria.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Interesting article Marko

The US, French and Israelis have threatened to bomb Iran before. However the November 2008 US elections may be the final deadline for Bush to - stand up...finish the job...bomb Iran until the US can liberate it and impose democracy...then presumably stand down and reap the oil rewards..

The US/Israeli neocons are running out of time and their front man Bush just done gotta do it. Accepting that Iran, like the US and Isral, has the right to have nuclear weapons appears to be beyond the Texan imagination. How can the US get at Iran's darned oil if Iran has nookliar weapoons? Maybe ask Israel to disarm and be less manifestly aggressive - then Iran would be more accommadating.

But then again the US and Israel has nukes FIRST in the region...

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 18 September 2007 6:12:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's a thorough evaluation of the Iranian state-of-play where their nuclear program is concerned (video, part 1 and 2):

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18403.htm

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18404.htm

Honestly, this makes a mockery of the coy little puff-piece we were offered on Lateline last night (Are you looking, Tony and team? Pick up your game! Alston is 12,000 miles away).

Here's ElBaradei's IAEA report on Iran. Read it for yourselves, instead of listening to propaganda from two-bob shills:

http://cryptome.org/iaea083007.htm

Although we have been at war for oil for years, it still hasn't sunk in properly. To press the point home, here's a piece from the archives (old video, US 60 Minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inyCkCvqRO0&v3

As for the other reason for the destruction of Iraq - the one we never talk about - here's a bit of historical footage from "our" man in Persia (1974):

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6a8_1190037368

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

- who said that?
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Tuesday, 18 September 2007 6:14:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee Chris

We don’t have to wonder if you are biased anymore. Please do provide more sites where I can get the MARXIST perspective. Marxist analyses having been so effective that every country which took them on, FAILED.

AIJAZ AHMAD . There is plenty more hysterically anti-American rubbish he has produced. To pretend that this man is as objective, and Tony Martin/Lateline are not, is exceedingly rich. This man, like Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky, produces leftist propaganda.

Mate I just read the report that you provided from the IAEA. I am not sure whether you understood the detail but it certainly doesn’t support any conclusion you have made above. The IAEA makes it clear that whilst they can follow the trail of DECLARED nuclear material. It is the UNDECLARED fuel which the IAEA cannot make any conclusions about, Quote

“However, the Agency remains unable to verify certain aspects relevant to the scope and nature of Iran’s nuclear programme. It should be noted that since early 2006, the Agency has not received the type of information that Iran had previously been providing, including pursuant to the Additional Protocol, for example information relevant to ongoing advanced centrifuge research.”

“Confidence in the exclusively peaceful nature of Iran’s nuclear programme requires that the Agency be able to provide assurances not only regarding declared nuclear material, but, equally important, regarding the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran, through the implementation of the Additional Protocol”

Do you think if you repeat your mantra that George Bush is a war criminal, and that the war is only about stealing oil, it will eventually convince normal people?

Because by providing Marxist analysis you are only further alienating those you seek to convince. Or are you just preaching to the choir?

I see you have trotted out the old anti-Semitic warhorse, the American Jewish lobby. Mate you are in good company there. Hitler thought the Jews were pulling the strings behind the scenes as well.
Posted by Paul.L, Tuesday, 18 September 2007 9:02:10 PM
Paul.L wrote "Sam said

Talking in sound bites might seem impressive to the intellectually challenged on OLO. But for the rest of us you might like to speak in whole sentences and provide some evidence for your paranoia"

Happy to reply...but first answer one question...do you feel anything for the people of Iraq...what they have lost, endured and what they are going through now? and if so...what?

I just need to know I am replying to a human being...or a creature who has lost the last vestige of humanity and now living in your own isolated world and having thought process beyond comphension...just that it will help in my reply...I assumed that most people on OLO watched the daily news at the time of the Iraqi invasion...and assessed the situation as it was...and reasoned it through to its general end...

Sam
Ps~I've noticed that you dont seem to have a problem with unnecessarily insulting sentences...Im guessing you can take a dose too...its my best shot
Posted by Sam said, Wednesday, 19 September 2007 12:16:27 AM
Hmmmm. Marxism. Honestly I never read Marx (mea culpa). Do you think I should?

My philosophy goes something like this:

TRUTH (if possible) = GOOD
LIES = BAD

It's obvious that the whole thing is about extreme economics and power. The rest of us just gad about, weaving political bird nests while Rome burns. That's not good enough for me and I'm angry that politics has become just another commodity to be bought and sold. One's creed or race becomes just another wedge to be exploited. The real factor here is one's proximity to finite, precious resources. I'm sticking with that for now.

On that topic, here's a fascinating look at extreme economics from Naomi Klein (video and transcript):

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/17/1411235

Quote:

"....they have never been able to push through a radical free-market makeover in the absence of a large-scale crisis, i.e. the central myth of our time that democracy and capitalism go hand in hand is known to be a lie by the very people who are advancing it, and they will admit it on the record."

I think she might have hit the nail on the head. Why else do we detect that creepy whiff of fascism whenever our own government announces another economic reform?

Hopefully more Naomi Klein to come in future programs - that is, if you don't mind taking advice from an intelligent female.

- sure beats John Bolton.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Wednesday, 19 September 2007 8:26:54 AM
Paul, please read a few books on Western history right back to Socrates.

Yes, it does show how we have learnt about the principles of capitalism from the Jews, as proven by the influence of the Rothschilds and their progeny the Rockefellers since the Reformation.

Please remember that the US Federal Reserve is largely managed by the Rockefellers and incidently is private and not government owned.

Incidently, Paull, as Maynard Keynes did express, capitalism in the right hands is still the best type of liberal managing system we can get, possibly these days more expressed in governments such as Norway and Sweden.

It was also Maynard Keynes who predicted the rise of a Hitler after WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles for the over-harsh treatment of a defeated Germany.

Keynes died near the end of WW2 and in fact began the wonderful Bretton Woods Agreement from which evolved the Marshall Plan to help former enemies Germany and Japan gain their feet again, which mainly meant forgiving the people foolish enough to back tyrants such as Hitler and Tojo and Hirohoto of Japan.

That is why we need to have genuine democracies, Paull, not democracies like America spoilt by the allowance of a weakened Constitution undemocratised by letting one personage, the President allowed to have the last say.

And lastly, Paull, talking commonsense more than religion, we do need the humility expressed by the Nazarene Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, in which curiously for a religion, philosophic reason is expressed more deeply than faith.

Thus in our conceptions of Middle East problems, we could learn from Nelson Mandela and his forgiveness of Arparthaid more than anyone in modern times.
Posted by bushbred, Wednesday, 19 September 2007 11:16:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy