The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > With a few well chosen words > Comments

With a few well chosen words : Comments

By Dennis Glover, published 13/9/2007

Kevin Rudd demonstrated the power of a startling speech to draw attention to a rising political talent.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
palimpsest - "I am glad that the criminal Bush, the man with his finger on the button, at least does not drink himself into oblivion."

Where have you been? It is a well-known fact that George Bush was an alcoholic for most of his adult life, before becoming a born-again fundamentalist Christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_on_the_Couch

Bush: "I don't remember, I was too drunk"

So, he might say that, or more likely, he would say "God told me to do it".

This is something George Bush actually said:

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=310788&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y
(Israeli newspaper 'Haaretz', last paragraph of article)

SO, the current Prime Minister illegally took Australia to war because his mate George Bush believes he was told by God to do so.

I am not trying to convince anyone to vote for Rudd. It is none of my business who anyone else votes for. However it is very, very clear that John Howard should not be the Prime Minister of Australia.
Posted by Dr. Livingstone, Sunday, 16 September 2007 9:23:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dr. Livingstone, fair enough, but nor is JH the subject of this thread.
Posted by palimpsest, Monday, 17 September 2007 6:30:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
keith

I attended a lecture by Kevin Rudd, he also speaks Swedish. Because the man speaks Chinese do you discount him because you think he should have learnt Indonesian as well? At least he does speak the worlds two most used languages (Chinese no 1 and English no 2). What can John Howard speak?

And please in English the language which is used in Indonesia is called Indonesian. In the Indonesian language it is called Bahasa INDONESIA. Bahasa means language. Malaysian is called Bahasa Malasia and so on.
Posted by logic, Monday, 17 September 2007 10:25:39 PM
Logic,

we are both right about Indonesian and Malaysian. But you can check it out.

Rudd lectures everyone ... you don't have to go to one of his 'official' lectures to know that.

My point about Rudd was that he is putting too much emphasis on relations with China to the detriment of relations with all the other Asian and Pacific nations. Mind you that seems to be the Labor tradition. Chifley with his on again off again intrigues with Indonesian and the bunch of UN minnows, Whitlam with a short-sighted and grand gesture of recognition of China, Hawke with his visas for Chinese students and Keating ...well he was simply no asset to diplomacy in Asia or anywhere else.

I really don't care what Rudd speaks but I know he doesn't speak with the authority, commonsense and statesmanship of Howard. And those are much more important, than language or dialect, in the grand scheme of diplomacy and politics. That's what Rudd should be judged upon ... not on his knowledge of languages. That's just so banal.
Posted by keith, Monday, 17 September 2007 10:52:19 PM
palimpsest - "Dr. Livingstone, fair enough, but nor is JH the subject of this thread."

I promise that if I write any further posts on this thread they will only be about Kevin Rudd.
Posted by Dr. Livingstone, Tuesday, 18 September 2007 12:39:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy