The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Radical fringe a challenge for all > Comments

Radical fringe a challenge for all : Comments

By Saeed Saeed, published 30/8/2007

It is the vast majority of Australia's Muslims who suffer the most from the views of Muslim extremists.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The silent majority among Muslims is what concerns the non-Muslim majority in Australia too.

Islam is a radical religion that teaches extremism by virtue of supremacism.
The Qur’an teaches (repeatedly I must add) that non-muslims are not to be tolerated – hell fires is what Allah has prepared for them – that’s us all non-Muslim Australians.

Planting those ideas that come straight from the mouth of their god Allah into the minds of children living in Australia is what worries us who understand Islam.

How can Islam exist in harmony in Australia when its basic teachings are non-tolerance of others?

The Muslims are the victims of their own teachings and they are asking “us” to solve their problems – with non-Muslim resources of course.

Muslims sincerely believe that they have the pure revelation from Allah (God). Therefore Islam is perfect and all others kafir unbelievers are pigs and apes.

With a view like this no wonder they are stereotyping (de-humanising) us as the scum of the earth.

Muslims truly believe that Australia is a gift given to them from Allah as a reward for their godliness – we non-Muslims are a hindrance to their god-given rightful ownership of the land.

Most Islamic propaganda will always mention that the Muslims were here many centuries before Captain Cook’s first voyage. Hence the existence of camels in oz they remind us.

True Islam does not respond to any external form of authority – like Australian laws. Islam will obey "foreign laws" until (it) can openly proclaim Shari’a Islamic law – Allah’s only law.

The radicals are the courageous Muslims who make all the noise for the silent ones who are too fearful to prematurely expose their "Religion of Peace" onto unsuspecting Australians.

It will take more than a few cat-walks and Islamic interfaith propaganda meetings to fool us who know Islam's political agenda.

So stop fooling us and yourselves and start using your mind for once to discover God’s Love through His Son Jesus – only then will you know real Peace and Tolerance.
Posted by coach, Thursday, 30 August 2007 10:38:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why is it none of the top level Imans never critise terrorist activity? Is it because they secretly give it their blessing in advancing their cause ?
Posted by foxydude, Thursday, 30 August 2007 1:31:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxydude - your double negative means that (probably inadvertently) your assertion is correct - none of the top imams never criticise terrorism, meaning of course that all of them do sometimes criticise terrorism.

I think this article strikes the right balance of what we can and can't realistically expect of moderate Muslim Australians. They can voice and live out a different form of Islam, but they can no more realistically rein in their extremist elements than we can expect the Anglican Church to act as a moderating influence on the Exclusive Brethren, or the Roman Catholics to release incessant statements refuting Mormon theology
Posted by Rhian, Thursday, 30 August 2007 3:57:57 PM
A good article by the author, and as others have already commented, it might be credible if the muslims in Australia were more active in denouncing the more extreme elments of their religious brethren.

It also might help if they followed the lead of the USA, and what is being said should be a credible reaction to islamaphobia and islamic extremism

"1. Focus your indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.

2. Renounce definitively not just "terrorism," but any intention to replace the U.S. Constitution (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means.

3. Teach Muslims the imperative of coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis.

4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach against the ideas of violent jihad and Islamic supremacism.

5. Actively work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities."

I havnt heard anything remotely like this emanating from the lips of any muslim leader in this country. I dont think I am likely to hear it either.

There in lies the problem.
Posted by bigmal, Thursday, 30 August 2007 4:56:26 PM
I would be happy to see Islam make the effort to change and (especially) drop the seditious "global conquest thing" she has been engaged in here in this country. Stop eating away at us. Stop begging for more advancements for the Koran. No more "staging bases" in the form of mosques. Christianity and democracy are up and running and long-established in Australia and Islam must accept the great God/Jesus Christ blessing on those who now own this land. Look! how we have prospered under the Holy Bible. It was meant to be here. Today, Islam in Australia is like a triffid standing in a quiet corner of the garden. We are forced to walk around it lest it sting us in the eyes. One day national security may require that we go into that quiet corner; and cut her down...and we dont really want to have to do that. September 11 was not a warning to the west about a coming great global overthrow...it was Islam cutting her own throat.
Posted by Gibo, Thursday, 30 August 2007 10:11:33 PM
I almost feel dirty, should I whisper? can you say it? is free speech for every subject?
This world would be so much better if only man could let go of that straw he clutches and admit there are no Gods none at all.
Then we could stop the childish game only my God is real.
The hate and distrust.
However it will take a dreadful war to end the idea that while the west is a good place to live it is evil too, held by far more than we want to think of.
Yes some try to impact the hate and others teach it.
War is inevitable, sad but tell me another way.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 1 September 2007 7:26:24 AM
It would be nice to hear mainstream Islamic clerics pop up in the media to counter the extremist. I say this wishing all people of moderation and balance would speak out against political or religious or social excesses. Those of us who are more centralist need to speak out to counter the polar extremes and not have these exceptions constantly making the rules for the rest of us.
Our society is so badly fragmented with all the expectations of the me me's crying for the right to influence everyone else's life.
I get home from work and it takes me 45 minutes to peel off all the labels I've collected in the course of my day. I'm waiting for the day when we all stand up and shout, "shut up", in unison and achieve a little social quiet. The incessant drone of the me mes has become another form of pollution
Posted by aqvarivs, Saturday, 1 September 2007 8:11:17 AM
"I get home from work and it takes me 45 minutes to peel off all the labels I've collected in the course of my day."

LOL -great line aqvarivs!
Posted by Horus, Saturday, 1 September 2007 8:36:42 AM
BIGMAL... you raise an important point. "why don't more high level Muslims criticize the radicals" ?

Its simple.

If I goto the steps of St Pauls Cathedral in Melbourne and yell abuse about Christ, defaming, blaspheming, condemning the Church, Christians etc... even using a loudhailer...the worst that would happen to me is some sour looks, and maybe the police would ask me to move on....

BUT.

If a high level Muslim criticizes the radicals, or even goes against those who the radicals like... they get death threats. Tom Zrieka, spokesman for the Lebanese Muslim association experienced that when he wanted to push Hilayli out..

Fred Nile wants Muslim immigration stopped..Ok.. it's controversial, but the ballot box should be the decider.. what happened ? DEATH THREATS "You will die you Christian pig".....

REALITY CHECK. The above is not fanciful illusion, but actual recent events.

Moderates are always at the mercy of radicals, because radicals kill.
All you have to do is blow away a few "outspoken critics" and the whole community is paralyzed with fear.....

It is for these reasons that my view remains rather staunch and hard, in that I'd agree with Fred Nile, and go further and seek to dismantle many Islamic symbols.. greatly restrict Muslim schools, ensure their curriculum is vetted and monitored for deviation. (As Singapore does)

I'd also remove ANY law which prevented open criticism of Islam.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 1 September 2007 5:34:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy