The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wilma’s story > Comments

Wilma’s story : Comments

By Bernie Matthews, published 22/8/2007

Many who suffered under state-sponsored care continue to grapple with the demons unleashed by their stolen childhood innocence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
liftingtherug

Good for you for reminding us what we are dealing with here.
Posted by FrankGol, Sunday, 16 September 2007 10:49:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The world will not be allowed to forget what was done to us.Their are many groups of people from all walks of life bringing the truth into the open.Exinmates and state wards are banding together and making representations to the courts and governments.We are there for each other regardless of race or creed.Stories are being told to the media and printed privately.This fight has barely begun.We had our mouths forcibly shut as children but now we are of one loud voice.Some want money but most of us just want justice.Unfortunatly most of the perpetrators of the horrific deeds are dead.They took their super and retired or were moved to another facility to continue their disgusting behaviour.These people got their money,mostly from the government of the day.Don't begrudge the survivors of those places their day in court or any compensation if the courts find it suitable.This was not just a matter of surviving hard times as some have bragged about doing.These were cases of innocent children being physically and sexually abused.Think how you would feel if these had been your children or yourself.We are FIGHTING back now.
Posted by haygirl, Monday, 17 September 2007 3:38:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i wish to let you all know that nobody has botherd to put a commett in the forgotten australians disscussion other than myself . why is this , we are all talking about this on wilmas story and wilmas story is as mine is and i am a forgotten australian as wilma is , and thanks to haygirl for getting the disscussion running , so why are no body putting any comments on that story , ,and for you col rouge if you were invovled with any prison or administration , you would of seen the good and the bad , and don;t tell me their was more good than bad , as ive been in the prison system and also the boys homes ,, and when i was in the main stream of prison i had bashed many pedophiles they seem to come into the system making out they are in for other crimes , until it is really found out about them, , and i for one know what its like to be raped as a child , due to daruk boys home , no doubt mr rouge you could tell the truth your self as to how the wardens just took things into their own hands , specially at grafton of whom mr peenning was know as the grafton basher until he took superintendent job at maitland goal , i know i have seen the worst of the worst , from both sides yes their are decent officers and teir are the scum officers, or adminastrators , and the pedophiles that raped me are still alive , would you like their address, look up my court transcripts , you will even get their names ,maybe you might know them , kind regards micheal
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 17 September 2007 6:45:22 PM
huffnpuff,

I have made several references to the Senate Report on the Forgotten Australians in other posts responding to Bernie Matthews' articles. See for example Marlene's Story 15 August 2007.

I admire your guts in telling your story with passion and honesty. It takes courage. Good on you!
Posted by FrankGol, Monday, 17 September 2007 11:06:05 PM
Haygirl “I haven't found any of your posts to be a problem.”

I would hope not, what I write I write with sincerity, some might disagree and I welcome the opportunity to debate views but some seem to find my direct and maybe uncompromising approach to life hard to take, it is because I am very analytical by nature but hopefully not lacking in compassion.

Liftingtherug I am not sure what motivated your post but mine was in response to direct question asked by haygirl.

However, if you have been aggrieved in any way, I suggest you do something about it. If someone abused you or you know of others who exploited their authority and abused people, then the best way of dealing with it is publicly.

Abusers are inherently cowards and exist by the silence of their victims.

Corruption hates the spotlight of publicity, denounce your abusers, denounce them public.

The biggest advantage an abuser has is the apathy of his or her supervisors and victims.

Huffnpuff - prison officers, I saw some good, who were very capable and fair and a few others who tended toward arrogance (probably insecurity). These days officers are required to undertake psychology tests, that is a good thing, it helps weed out the high risks and temperamentally unsuited.

Abusing pedophiles in prison is no different to abusing children, it amounts to bullying and unjustified vengeance. Whilst you might feel justified in being the “fists of justice”, remember "justice" is why we have courts and prisons, not as an opportunity for personal vengence.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 17 September 2007 11:22:06 PM
Huffnpuff no use claiming that no one referred to others then Wilma as I made clear that regrettably there are many others, by-whatever-name-they-may-go-by.

Col Rouge correctly points out that we have a court process and prisons to deal with matters and while you may seek to justify to take the law into your own hands in prison to bash a person who deem being guilty of some hideous crime, it may very well be that the victim of your assault was perceived to be guilty as much as we had the claim of WEAPONS-OF-MASS-DESTRUCTION. Often people are “deemed” to be guilty regardless that there is no real-evidence to this.
If in the end someone is becoming the scapegoat of your bashings and others follow the same all under the pretext to measure out JUSTICE and in the end the person being bashed was mistakenly held to be a child abuser then nothing in the world can make undone the deed to were involved with and I view you can not claim to be any better then others who prey on their victims.
If you pursue JUSTICE then acknowledge first of all that you too must accept that others are entitled to JUSTICE.

I recall an incident where we were robbed and my wife then made known it had to be the (then) neighbour because she felt he had looked so guilty when he looked in her direction. There was absolute no evidence to indicate that the neighbour had robbed us but what my wife viewed was his “guilty” look when he was at his backdoor looking in her direction. The Police investigating the matter made known that we were robbed by professionals who were doing their rounds in the area.
As such, the perception of a “guilty” look hardly can make a person to be guilty!
How-on-earth-you-may-have-claimed-a-person-was-for-other-reasons-in-prison-is-another-thing, unless the governor of Prison invited you to have a good look through all files of inmates, something I think would have been unlikely, as to satisfy yourself who might be guilty of whatever!
Try to understanding the meaning of the word JUSTICE!
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Tuesday, 18 September 2007 12:41:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All