The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Marlene’s story > Comments

Marlene’s story : Comments

By Bernie Matthews, published 15/8/2007

Marlene is the product of a brutalising child-care system that stole her childhood.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Bernie, what a champion for bringing this to life, no hiding and collecting dust hopeing it goes away by bureaucrat's. This can not disappear.

Marleen's story and others have destroyed to many lives and family generations

I was in Hay for nine months, 365 girls, in thirteen years went threw that Concentration camp, one died in transit. Why?
injuries from bushing's, psychotic drug Largatral, fear of being sent to Hay. Is there postmortem for that girl? It was State run.

Reading John Murray's "From the cradle to the grave"
Government and Child Welfare could do any thing to nobody's child.

Child Welfare and Governments of those days should be responsible for the seven young girls that suicided at a very young age that went threw that nine months with me at Hay.
State Archives files on Parramatta Girls home & Hay Institution for girls are closed for seventy years, "to protect us girls" we were told.
State Archives have our medication records, punishment records.
isolation lock ups, detention records. Would be easy for all to prove the abuse and inhumane acts we suffered.
Instead we are put threw hell again to prove our stories to break the statue limitations. Records should be supenered.
Be accountable for what they did.

The protection is for the government and Welfare system and the animals they employed to "care" abuse and rape us.

V.Amberlee .It was not just guts Marleen had, it was knowing right from wrong, standing up for another child black or white, survival and loyalty was what she got punished for and sent to Hay.

Marleen has used her knowledge and survival in helping other children, no book, Marleen used her experience and should be proud, after no childhood, no family connection, losing her brothers and living her chilhood in voilent sadistic Institutions, It wasn't only her childhood taken it was her life. How could any one have such a tragic existence and not have life long trauma. The demons and injustices are always lurking. appear when you least expect it to in every day life.

Rattle
Posted by Rattles, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 1:48:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Goddess,I believe Marlene has made a good life for herself.I know her sister has.I'm an exHay girl myself and in contact with a few of the old girls.We really want to see that these unbelievable atrocities don't occur again.It isn't a" poor me" attitude for most of us,just a matter of exposing mans inhumanity to man.Some are taking legal action but having trouble getting the statute of limitations overturned.Good luck to the one's with the guts to take on the government. Animals were treated better than children in care in those days.It really is a wonder that any of us became "decent,normal" citizens.
Posted by haygirl, Monday, 27 August 2007 9:56:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey haygirl, I am so pleased to know you have survived what a lot of others Hay Girls haven't. I have survived also but still so many things have changed me.
There are so many ignorant people still do not get what is behind these stories of past child abuse by governments that have run this country, past and present. A child welfare system that has never changed. A country that has higher than high child abuse and still refuses to look at it.
Still so many in our society that still do not understand what a Ward of the State means. Then you get the arrogant ones that do no and have a attitude that WE were the bad ones and all want to stay victims. How do we change attatudes Hay girl?

Rattle
Posted by Rattles, Thursday, 30 August 2007 3:30:26 PM
Hi Rattles,We can only change peoples opinions by telling the truth.Liars will be caught out and make the rest of us seem untruthful also.I fought those mongrels all the way and that's why i'm strong today.My heart goes out to the ones who weren't so strong and i'll do all i can to help them now.If you want to talk to me,email jennyr22@optusnet.com.au If you are already a member of the parragirls organisation you will know who i am.If not ,i was in parramatta 3 times and Hay once.Hope to hear from you.
Posted by haygirl, Thursday, 30 August 2007 3:50:28 PM
I just want to say THANK YOU for telling us your story Marlene.
I for one could never believe such atrocities happen in (so called) “care”
You are a very BRAVE woman
I wish you well in life and again thank you for sharing this very private story with us.
Posted by Fruityfee, Thursday, 30 August 2007 4:00:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy