The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We’re so pretty, oh so pretty … vacant > Comments

We’re so pretty, oh so pretty … vacant : Comments

By Ross Buncle, published 3/8/2007

The 60's dream and Beatlemania was sold out virtually overnight by the baby boomers. Now marketing, packaging, branding are everything: where is the substance?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Pretty vacaunt. John Lydon and the Sex Pistols. Plenty of substance in old-school punk. Substance being kick-up-the-arse music; smack in the mouth words. Loud, hard and fast but most importantly anti-anti-anti-anti beige cardigans, snobbish nose tilters and exploitive bastards.

Spellcheck? Why?
Posted by ronnie peters, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 7:00:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Substance:

SEX PISTOLS LYRICS

"Pretty Vacant"

There's no point in asking you'll get no reply
Oh just remember I don't decide
I got no reason it's too all much
You'll always find us out to lunch

Oh we're so pretty
Oh so pretty we're vacant
Oh we're so pretty
Oh so pretty
A vacant

Don't ask us to attend 'cos we're not all there
Oh don't pretend 'cos I don't care
I don't believe illusions 'cos too much is real
So stop you're cheap comment 'cos we know what we feel

Oh we're so pretty
Oh we're so pretty
Ah but now and we don't care

There's no point in asking you'll get no reply
Oh just remember a don't decide
I got no reason it's too all much
You'll always find me out to lunch
We're out on lunch

Oh we're so pretty
Oh we're so pretty
Oh we're so pretty
Oh so pretty ah
But now and we don't care

We're pretty
A pretty vacant
We're pretty
A pretty vacant
We're pretty
A pretty vacant
We're pretty
A pretty vacant

And we don't care

END

What happened to the rest of my last post? Nothing offensive there. The song that the author lifted his heading from is pronounced with a strong "u" emphasis in vacant. That's how Johnny Rotten pronounced it. What's the problem
Posted by ronnie peters, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:14:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is substance out there you just have to look. A youngster directed me to this clip below. While Slayer have been around for ever with Reign In Blood being their most known work: who has heard of them? Why would the powers that be play their work? It might just touch something inside - give their empathy a nudge or in the case of this particular video below stir their desire to understand the darkness that young boys and girls face in far off places while our media play meaningless pap.

Information is not just news and opinion but stuff that develops insight. War veterans who've seen action it is not too graphic but take it easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPy1ZHpJdZ8
Posted by ronnie peters, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 9:25:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy