The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Keeping Australia safe by an improper exercise of power? > Comments

Keeping Australia safe by an improper exercise of power? : Comments

By Surya Deva, published 27/7/2007

It is time the Australian Government showed some character in protecting the human rights of its citizens and non-citizens living in Australia legally.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Hello Ruawake,
Yes of course you are correct it was after the bail
granting that the minister got into the act.

However things change quickly and it now seems that the minister acted
properly in cancelling the visa.
However to try and paint this as some sort of government conspirosey is
just plain silly.
Nothing has indicated that the AFP acted improperly.

Of course you could argue that SBS is part of the conspirosey also.
It will probably some time before it all comes out into daylight.

I can quite believe that Dr Haneff was only on fringes of a group that
was involved in illegal planning and may not have been aware of what
they were up to.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 2 August 2007 7:55:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you aqvarivs for your comments, though I am confused as to when I abrogated my responsibility over to government. I look after my family, I raise objections at all deaf ears in government and I emphasize they only listen (without any intent to act) at elections.

At that point I say that if unions didn't exist then the Coalition of owners of businesses and government would exploit everyone and it would only be a short period of time until we would see kids climbing underneath working machinery (weaving looms) as they did in the 1800's.

Politicians seem to spend a hell of a lot of time demonising unions but they are a check to put a balance on unfettered powers. No I don't believe the spewing lies that inflation is caused by wages. That is a blatant lie because the greatest slices are taken at the top, not for their own hard work but rather the sweat of others paid a minimum wage.

This conversation is opening another injustice.
Posted by nickmihaleff, Thursday, 2 August 2007 8:11:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah, yes. If it wasn't for the benefice of Unions we would all be at the mercy of a Dickensian oppression of the masses by those who supply our employment rather than the ever necessary condition of work place grievance perpetuated by the almighty Union as they require more and more to pay for their ever swelling ranks. Nothing would have changed since 1790. Lets not consider their infiltration into government and the role they play in expanding the size and influence across public services. Oh, no. Lets not look too deep into the face of reality. Let's just blame the figureheads. At least then we're not responsible. Where's my Union rep? I want my rights. Oh, here comes the Police Union now to tell me my rights. John Howard you bastard. I'm being oppressed and it's not my fault. I only have good thoughts. Why me. Why me.
Posted by aqvarivs, Friday, 3 August 2007 12:41:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes ok aqvarivs enough of criticsm what about your solutions you seem to blame pretty much everyone except yourself and the government. What the is the solution to a balanced society, how in your opinion does this mess that you believe is my fault and the fault of the union but I believe its the greedy abusers of position sitting manipulating their office or position? IE the APEC circus.

I am still unmoved but interested in finding out where the checks and balances should be placed and please don't tell I need protection I take care of myself.
Posted by nickmihaleff, Friday, 3 August 2007 5:03:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nick, If you take care of yourself- in the full sense of that idea; as being a responsible, self actualised, independent and productive contributor to your society; then You and I are not at odds. I spend 12 hour a day five days a week educating and arming individuals with the tools necessary to become self-actualising independent contributors to their society. I don't work for the government. My great nemesis is defeating the institutionalisation of governmental dependency. Do what I and others do. Work to see that each and every citizen by right of existence stands as an equal on their own two feet and if they should fail, rearm them, re-educate them, give them a hand up so they once again can look their fellow citizen in the eye as an equal and not live valueless, immaterial, unnecessary parasitic lives. (these are not my words but how people feel when they are sidelined and marginalised by our system of social welfare.) The more we do as private citizens the less we rely on the institution of government, the more government becomes redundant. The more government becomes redundant, the sooner we can reduce that institutional dependency and father an equality of citizenship through active citizenship. And reduce the size and influence of government in our daily affairs. We have given away too much actual freedom and actual right to not be involved in the decision making process of our own society and nation. The government hasn't done anything other than respond to our demands for it to hold the responsibility for our lives. Bit too late to be blaming some stooge who said 'pick me and I'll take care of that for you'. There is always someone waiting to take care of something for you, but at what cost. :-)
Posted by aqvarivs, Friday, 3 August 2007 6:04:05 AM
"people like bushbasher"? people like me are suggesting a "right-wing conspiracy to remove our civil rights"? aqvarivs, you're not arguing, you're ranting.

There is nothing conspiratorial about the attack on civil liberties, and no one is claiming there is. You simply need to read the public comments of those intent on amending our laws. The decline in civil liberties is a demonstrable legal fact. You may argue that concerns over terrorism make this decline wise, or even essential. But to deny its existence is simply to deny reality.
Posted by bushbasher, Friday, 3 August 2007 8:11:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All