The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rowling deep in forums of fantasy > Comments

Rowling deep in forums of fantasy : Comments

By Sophie Masson, published 27/7/2007

It's the sum of her parts that stand 'Harry Potter's' creator apart.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
your 'post' comment's regardin the potter books are succinct west.
I was raised a catholic and went through all the 'rites' _all very embarassing and totally discinnected to contemporary life. My daughter enjoys the potter books still even though she is now 20.religion is passe in my opinion, we have entered a new age of thought and reason,unfortunatly some people will always be left behind.
ciao
Posted by mariah, Monday, 30 July 2007 2:37:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Part I of II

JK tracks occult practices of occult masters. The outer presentation to you may be fiction, but the underlying material is spiritual reality. If you do not believe in the existence of the invisible, try taking yourself back before the invention of the microscope, when germs were unknown because invisible. The doctor who recommended to other doctors that they wash their hands before cutting up people was ridicul
ed and ostracized. That did not make the existence of germs a "non-fact."

There are many who believe that Jesus could not possibly have raised a
man dead four days back to life with a command. Comparing Jesus to every other human in order to grasp who he is, is "human-centric." He is God and man, sent to inform a generally obstinate and generally deaf humanity. It is our deafness that required he appear in our form, among other reasons.

All humans have a bent to harm others, by comission or just by failing to help. Human standards of right and wrong are rosy colored, imperfect. Humans are unjust, they favor their own wrong behavior, for which reason Jesus calls all men (and women) to repent (change). This means, be realistic about human nature, recognize the need for change because of the human penchant for doing wrong, and accept supernatural help.

Whether or not you know it, you are on one side of a spiritual war. Your being on one side doesn't require your recognition of what is happening to you, and what will happen when you die. All men are appointed to die, and then the judgment of God. This reality doesn't require your belief. It is a prediction of your future. God never lies. He informs all of this through the Bible, before you die. This is a measure of his compassion. The reason he came is he has a merciful side and he is a God of wrath. Wrath at sin, at injustice, at wrongdoing.

See part II
Posted by Hawaiilawyer, Monday, 30 July 2007 11:25:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Part II of II

Source: Thomas B. Allen, "Possessed -- The True Story of an Exorcism"

Excerpt:

"At home, Robbie was always on the scene just as something mysterious happened. A coat on a hanger seemed to fly out of a closet and across a room. A Bible seemed to rise from a bookcase and land at Robbie's feet. He was standing nearby when others saw an orange and a pear fly across a room. One day the kitchen table tipped over....

"One Sunday relatives came calling. They were all in the living room when the large stuffed chair Robbie was sitting in seemed to rise slightly off the floor then flip over. Robbie somersaulted onto the floor. Stunned, family members gathered around the chair. Robbie's father and uncle each sat in the heavy chair and tried to flip it over. Each man failed.

"When the family members were still talking about the flipping chair,one of them pointed to a small table. A vase was slowly rising from the table. It seemed to hang in the air for a moment. Then it flew across the room and shattered against a wall....

"Something was happening to Robbie. But what? His frantic parents tried to explain the phenomena as mischief, tricks that he learned from some book on magic. Again and again, Robbie said, 'I didn't do it! I didn't do it!' But no one in school had believed him when he said that, and now it was happening at home...."

This actual case of spirit possession occurred in l949, was dramatized in the film, "The Exorcist," and the phenomena it describes parallels phenomena in the HP books, fiction though the latter may be.

The HP books seek to minimize the seriousness of occult practices and what participation in them can lead to (spirit influence) by creating fictional characters who are unlikeable and totalitarian, as well as biased against "harmless" occult practices.

(source: iUniverse.com)
Posted by Hawaiilawyer, Monday, 30 July 2007 12:16:19 PM
Hawaiilawyer -

If such guff were indeed true, I would take the messages of the Harry Potter books over those ravings you posted any day of the week.

Call me an evil one who consorts with fallen angels if you wish.

Funnily enough, in the HP series, the evil Lord Voldemort tries to convince the world that his pure-blooded way is for the greater good.

Yet it is those who cast off his dogma and embrace their own ability to reason and see what is the moral thing to do.

So consider me this doing exactly that. Casting off your dogmatic tripe in favour of what is clearly an honest story with wholesome messages at its end.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 1 August 2007 1:57:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy