The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A federal election hypothetical - no one left to hate > Comments

A federal election hypothetical - no one left to hate : Comments

By Don Allan, published 26/7/2007

We may need a remedial therapy task force to counsel members of the anti-Howard commentariat in the event of a win by Kevin Rudd.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Mr Rudd has already done much to re-shape Australia’s political destiny, as has Ms Gilard, Mr Swan and this Federal ALP team.

If I was to label this election campaign I would call it the "Wake UP Australia" campaign... and for this I am thankful.

On the need for a FRESH APPROACH - I say Yes... perhaps we have it "just in the nick of time"... either way we must keep it up.

We are learning much from this election, (the one - we have with no date yet declared?) and I do hope this awaking continues... less the prevarication.

Also I think it highly disturbing if it is as Federal Health Minister Tony Abbott says that he "will not negotiate a new Commonwealth-state health funding agreement so close to the federal election".

Please explain "so close"?

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Thursday, 26 July 2007 9:46:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would like to agree with stickman that Howard “represents not just himself, but a sizeable (until recently, a majority) portion of the Australian community, with whom his views and politics resonate … he represents a very mainstream Australian viewpoint.”

But I can not agree any longer, for I don’t think the Australian mainstream knows or understands the ideology of ‘neocons’ or “neoliberalism’ insofar as it relates to a ‘New World Order”.

I was naive in thinking Howard had the interests of the country and people at heart. NOT ANY MORE, particularly after reading a book published earlier this month. An extract is located here:

http://www.highanddry.com.au/extract.cfm

Maybe we get the leaders we don’t deserve.
Posted by davsab, Friday, 27 July 2007 5:33:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dislike Howard as much as anyone but will Rudd usher in another era of feminist stupidity.
Posted by citizen, Friday, 27 July 2007 8:48:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After yet another debacle, the latest being in relation to Dr Haneef, it is quite apparent we need a completely new Government. The Coalition government is stale, secretive and arrogant; it doesn't govern for all Australians. However, if the ALP is elected its more a case of personalities being altered; rather than, a huge change in policy. Hopefully what we will get though is some honesty for a time.

Let's face it Mr. Rudd's ALP is more like the Liberal Party that had been led by Mr.Menzies. The ttle of the current Liberal Party is rather ironic, as "liberal" now translates to ultra "conservative". There has been a trend to only choose candidates with a right wing bent for elections within the Liberal Party; and so, now generally only narrow interests are represented.

We are told that we have never been so prosperous; that may or may not be the case; however, as far as our humanity as a nation is concerned Mr. Howard has impoverished us all.
Posted by ant, Saturday, 28 July 2007 9:51:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The infamous Margaret Thatcher was always overated as she was always protected and promoted by the Conservative Media. The same goes for John Howard Trade Unions and a good Labor Party will always find it difficult in a Capitalist Society. We can honestly say that Australia is truly democratic unlike Britail which has the House of Lords and the Monarchy. during the late eighties Margaret Thatcher and Richard Murdoch were both extremely hated by the electorate because of the misery that they gave the British people young people forced to sleep in cardboard boxes under bridges in winter because homes were not affordable. Today in australia history is repeating itself.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 9:23:47 PM
JOHN HOWARD ? The infamous Margaret Thatcher was always overated as she was always protected and promoted by the Conservative Media. The same goes for John Howard Trade Unions and a good Labor Party will always find it difficult in a Capitalist Society. We can honestly say that Australia is truly democratic unlike Britail which has the House of Lords and the Monarchy. during the late eighties Margaret Thatcher and Richard Murdoch were both extremely hated by the electorate because of the misery that they gave the British people young people forced to sleep in cardboard boxes under bridges in winter because homes were not affordable. Today in australia history is repeating itself.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 9:24:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy