The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Glorious heroics or the rule of fear > Comments

Glorious heroics or the rule of fear : Comments

By Andrew Gunn, published 20/7/2007

Machiavelli wrote that rulers could control their subjects with either love or fear but fear was simpler.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
When I first arrived in Queensland the high level of fear among Queensland teachers struck me right away. I could not understand the anxiety of the teachers to "go with the flow" because nothing in my previous career had prepared me for an employer who "ruled by fear".
Twenty years later, I understand the fear of Queensland teachers. My "glorious heroics" are described in http://www.badapplebullies.com/investigations.htm
I have tried to warn other teachers about the brazen abuse of the official Departmental "investigative processes".
But to this day I see no sign of change.
I would not recommend a career as a Queensland teacher to any intelligent person.
You will live and work in a state of fear.
Posted by Dealing With The Mob, Saturday, 21 July 2007 11:46:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Be afraid, be very afraid the new Howard biography suggests he knew workers would be worse off under Workchoices and went ahead, that is the Howard "fear factor" component as living proof.
Posted by SHONGA, Saturday, 21 July 2007 12:15:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article is supported by the fact that the Saudi government is successfully re-programming terrorist sympathisers who have been convicted of lesser crimes such as distributing terrorist material. Apparently individuals who have completed this program have not re-offended to date. The program teaches the truth about the Koran and provides a warm and fuzzy environment. Hopefully the justice systems in Australia may consider this approach and provide more resources in catching and dealing with minor offenders such as car thieves and vandals before they move onto more violent crimes.
Posted by Krustyburger, Saturday, 21 July 2007 2:55:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Krustyburger,
Yes that would be a progressive thought, however it won't happen under va conservative government. If you look up the word "conservative" in any dictionary you won't find meanings such as progressive, innovative etc. What you will find is institutions and other old fashioned style regressive ideas.
Posted by SHONGA, Saturday, 21 July 2007 3:02:16 PM
It seems that Labor party supporters have been organised to blanket-blog On Line Opinion with anti-Howard propaganda.

Is anybody else finding this a little tedious?

Yes, we get the message: Howard him very bad man.

Thank you for that.
Posted by Dealing With The Mob, Saturday, 21 July 2007 3:24:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there all you good people...

To: (a) 'Dealing with the Mob & (b) 'Leigh' -

I agree with both of you, absolutely !

I'm a veteran and a retired copper. I possess very little formal education (NSW Intermediate Certificate, 1957), save for a number of 'In-service Courses', so I certainly don't have a 'penetrating' vocabulary that most of you have.

However, if Australia is again to be afflicted with another Federal Labor Government, under the apparent stewardship of Mr. Kevin Rudd, with Ms. Julia Gillard as his deputy, then I have very grave fears indeed for our future.

Australia, under the aegis of Mr. John Howard and his cohorts, hasn't done all that badly in my view.

Interestingly, whenever there's a mention of a federal election, the same old issues are again resurrected by the left, and some members of the media. Tampa; the war in Iraq; the close ties our PM appears to enjoy, with the President of the United States, etc... ad nauseam.

I find it quite amazing really, that many of the denunciatory remarks, levelled at PM. Howard, involve language of a kind, that is highly invective, in the extreme ! In fact, in some respects the words employed, and intention of those words, have manifestly given rise to a very real apprehension of physically violence ! Directed towards an individual who just happens to occupy the hightest office in the land.

As I said herein, I really shudder at the thought of a very real possibility, a Federal Labor Government may become a reality, toward the end of the year.

Back to having the country run and controlled by powerful Trade Unions. Back to economic incompetency. Back to a time of powerful 'faceless' individuals orchestrating deals of questionable morality...et al.

God help us, is all I can say.........................?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 21 July 2007 5:52:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy