The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to become a conspiracy theorist > Comments

How to become a conspiracy theorist : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 14/6/2007

If there are no images, it must not have happened. If there are images, they must have been doctored.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
FrankGol,

You should attack the merit of my argument, not fritter about the edges with untidy words.

To be honest, you sound kind of scary. Why would you feel a need to gain respect from those with such values of intolerance, barbarism, and utter depravity?

You even sound as though you doubt this - again, even a cursory look at Muslim TV channels will astound even the most ardent anti-western member of the leftist herd!

The MEMRITV site is a good start. Seriously, take a look. Listen to their highest government officials describe how the Koran is scientifically proven, or female genital mutilation (which IS supported in the Hadith - for all those ignorant enough to say the practice has nothing to do with Islam. While true that it is a North African practice occuring among non-Muslims, Muslims by and large make up the most of it, but also have religious authority for it, with Muhammed referring to the practice several times) is better for the woman because if not she runs around naked trying to have sex with everyone.

After looking at a few videos, and remember these are mainstream TV channels (the same sentiment occurs in all their mainstream print media too, with anti-Christian, anti-Jewish hatred - both in article and cartoon form, a daily occurance) you will agree that any children brought up in that environment (remember too that their parents are usually worst of all in the bigotry dept.) should be removed.

I say it is not wrong to destroy those cultures, those value systems. I say it isn't hypocritical.

We say everyone is equal here in the west (the only place mind you) yet have police, and allow them to arrest someone if they have to.

This isn't hypocritical though either, as it isn't going against your values to use force to stop someone going against your values.

If you understand this, you will accept that your argument earlier is utterly flawed.
Posted by Benjamin, Friday, 15 June 2007 6:07:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
White Warlock (on face value)

You SAY the difference between you and those nasty people is you believe in 'liberal values'. Funny though, I don't get any sense in your writing that you are a liberal - neither in what you say nor the tone in which you say it. Liberals don't advocate bombing people in order that they change their religion.

Giving people liberty by bombing them and installing 'our way of life' seems hardly to be working in Iraq. Would you prefer to be living in 'liberated' Iraq or Vietnam which has, as you say, 'missed out on these benefits'?

By the way, did you mean to sign off twice? Which name do you prefer? (Or were you shouting at me in order to get some of the liberal sentiment off our chest?)

Benjamin

You say I should attack should attack the merit of your argument. But I can't find your argument.
Posted by FrankGol, Saturday, 16 June 2007 1:10:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FrankGol,

Come on. That is the cheapest response one can have! I can't find your argument...are you ten years old or something?

Argue against my post or don't bother.

Slander just makes you look like a fool, but to not attack the thrust of what I write only shows me that I'm right.

Be serious.
Posted by Benjamin, Tuesday, 19 June 2007 12:19:10 PM
Benjamin

What more can I say? Your so-called argument is that we should belt the crap out of Muslims. Why? Because you are scared of them and so we should deprive them in the name of freedom before they take our freedom.

I say that's hysterical and hypocritical. You don't have a reasoned case nor do you address some obvious questions like: Is there contrary evidence as to Islamic thinking? What would be the consequences (on all sides) if we did what you want? Do the ends justify the means? Could there be any unintended consequences?

What else can I say? I figure you're not the sort of guy who wants to engage in debate - otherwise you might think of ways your 'problem' might be solved other than by war and mass killings.
Posted by FrankGol, Tuesday, 19 June 2007 12:35:01 PM
Benjamin,

It might be a good idea to research Muslims debate on the FGM topic. According to the Muslim Women's League:

"Those who advocate for FGM from an Islamic perspective commonly quote the following hadith to argue that it is required as part of the Sunnah or Tradition of the Prophet:

'A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (pbuh) said to her: Do not cut too severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband'."
One interpretation of this passage is that the woman was going to proceed with the circumcision anyway; Muhammad suggested that she remove a smaller amount of her genitalia than she had perhaps intended to.
This passage is regarded by many Muslims as having little credibility or authenticity. The Muslim Women's League comments: "According to Sayyid Sabiq, renowned scholar and author of Fiqh-us-Sunnah, all hadiths concerning female circumcision are non-authentic."

go to www.mwlusa.org

FGM is dying out in most of the existing and new generations. None of the females in my family in my age group or younger have been subject to it.
Its not a 'religious Islam practice' as you alledged.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 3:49:09 PM
Conspiracy theories definitely have two sides to them. Everyone should respect everyone elses' opinions in the matter.

http://a.parsons.edu/~tiffanywu/fall07/corestudio1/projects/post911
Here's another site to post your opinions online.
Posted by TiffanyWu, Thursday, 15 November 2007 4:31:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy