The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Body parts for sale > Comments

Body parts for sale : Comments

By Mirko Bagaric, published 12/6/2007

Big Brother Lessons - time to pay people for spare parts organ transplants

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I'm not sure this article is meant to be taken seriously! The focus on kidney organ translplants as a solution to the growing queue of people in need seems absurd. People with kidney failure will possibly have multiple health problems. Who will live? and for how long and how well? Who will pay? Surely the protection of health is a more important issue. Find out why there is a rise in need for transplants.
Posted by jenni, Friday, 15 June 2007 9:09:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's your body and nobody has the right to dictate how you use it or for how much you sell it. Whether that is for sex or some fast organ trading. Hearts, kidneys, livers, dried human penis for that extra boost in your caboose, aborted fetuses, sell them on the market for the best price offered.
Let the market dictate human value. It's time we quit playing at morality whenever it's convenient and get down to brass tacks. "What's it worth to you and don't waste my time. I've got a lot of irons in the fire. 3 hearts on ice in Bolivia and two 9 year old Chechnya girls looking for a nice home in trade for sex. No abuse please. A fellow in Sydney looking for that special someone to spank, and a fresh liver in Beijing. Though that could be duck liver pate. I really couldn't make the fellow out. Either way It'll all be sold by the-end-of-closing. And no more fetuses please. The bloody shop is chocked with the damn things."
Posted by aqvarivs, Friday, 15 June 2007 11:50:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a superb look at one of the purple elephants in our living room.

I've left my body to the Anatomy Department at the University because I find the funeral industry despicable: such an expensive waste to dispose of a piece of luggage no longer wanted on voyage. I'd have liked to donate any usable bits but that still leaves the problem of the leftovers and there's no discount on an incomplete package, I've checked.

I'd like to leave a note on the desirable organs saying: "Anyone can have them who will wrap up the rest and dispose of properly in a parkland to nourish a tree or two." However that's considered to be selling them and is not permitted.

If we're opening the market for live transplants, why not make the whole thing commercial and include organs as part of an estate? If they're used then they should be paid for. I can see a whole new industry on the horizon; I'm surprised the Americans haven't already thought of it.

Di Day
Posted by Diana, Friday, 15 June 2007 11:55:33 AM
Hello with whom I can communicate in occasion of change of bodies. I wish to become the donor of a kidney, I badly speak in English and I shall be grateful if to me will give what or coordinates, sites where it is discussed, or direct coordinates of medical institutions, or coordinates of recipients. The huge request to send coordinates on my electronic Vorobev_Anton@mail.ru address
Posted by SARS, Wednesday, 3 October 2007 9:49:24 PM
MIRKO, You have very provoking articles.One other I WOULD LIKE YOU TO RESEARCH is the Lady on A.B.C. NATIONAL TODAY giving figures on recidevision of prisoners in Australian Gaols.She said 60% to 70% have been in there already.By the way I still don't know if I WAS CONVINCED by your proposition The posts were also the OTHER SIDE in the debate.Ethics are getting harder to decide in the 21st millinium.
Posted by TINMAN, Thursday, 25 October 2007 1:36:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy