The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The abortion conundrum > Comments

The abortion conundrum : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 18/5/2007

Pro-choice advocates must remain eternally vigilant.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. All
PeterD “Your latest crop of unadulterated verbal garbage puts you on a par with Col Rouge.”

Ah Peter, I would be exaggerating your capacity for reason if I were to describe it as non-existent.

Doubtless, you look to someone to show you how to tie your shoe laces (or do you wear slip-ons to save the embarrassment). Do you use clip-on ties to reduce the challenge of dressing?

But I should not be put off by the impression your writings leave.

Please, please do tell us all why you believe you are “right”.

Do you possess a sixth sense not shared with us mere mortals?
Are you in communion with special extraterrestrial forces who talk to you in secret?

As for “The politics of power: If I'm bigger and stronger than you, I can take your rights away, I can define you out of existence.”

The Church of Rome even has a word for it “excommunication”.

Thank goodness Christian values do not rely on the Church of Rome for there adherence or existence.

As a matter of commonsense, I would far sooner challenge your reasoning than malign your person but thus far, from all that you have stated, leaves the impression of a most enfeebled person and no reasoning at all.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 4:16:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
147, according to Mensa, Col Rouge. But they were probably exaggerating, too. So glad to know you don't actually believe you are right about anything, and that your voluminous, repetitive posts are merely self-mockery.
With such lack of conviction, it's no wonder you prefer to pick a fight with helpless unborn babies. They can't fight back.
Posted by Peter D, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 9:15:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Peter D, what you have not explained, is the rights of that
potentially cute baby, which you and your wife could have created
last month. Instead, you well might have flushed those sperms
and ovum down life's toilet. Is that fair to that potentially
cute baby? What about the potential? What about the cute little
hands and feet that could have been? Why are you being so selfish
and not creating another potential Mozart perhaps? Why do you
expect other women to pop out yet more babies, whilst your
wife is perhaps not busy popping out yet another one?
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 9:27:48 PM
Hehe, Yabby, hilarious!
Noah and his little helpers rushed to visit all the different continents on the backs of donkeys to catch all the millions of species of animals and their food supplies.
And when the flood was over, Noah’s little helpers had all been killed so he and his family had to all put them back where they belonged.
Poor Noah, all that trouble just because God felt like killing every man and (PREGNANT!) woman, child, animal, except Noah and his family.

Mick,
Your mind is easily satisfied- don’t you question things?

There are no findings of fossils that turned up in the wrong strata. The Bible is simply wrong.

There’s no proof that Jesus was flat-lined. Nobody even checked his pulse or listened to his breath. They only assumed he was dead because he looked dead.
Even if they did take his pulse, this doesn’t prove that he was dead. Doctors in the recent past, in the absence of EEG technology, declared lots of people dead who later happened to wake up in the morgue or in their coffins, shock, horror!
Jesus, if he existed, must have been in some kind of shock or coma.

I suppose it’s your choice to accept fairy tales without questioning them, but that's no reason to tell pregnant women what to do.

PeterD,
What you sow, you'll reap:
Homosexuals should be put to death (God)
Children who curse their parents should be put to death (God)
People who don’t listen to priests should be put to death (God)
Followers of other religions should be put to death (God)
Kill the entire town if one person in that town believes in another God. (God)
Non-belevers should be put to death (God)
Kill all Egyptian first born babies. (God)
Children who do not obey should be put to death (Jesus)
Kill the sons of sinners (God)
I’ll send plagues and floods to kill people. (God)

Yvonne,
I loved the link and I hope that Peter will shape up his reading skills so he can attempt to understand the view presented.
Posted by Celivia, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 10:53:46 PM
PeterD “147, according to Mensa,”

So what, plenty of psychopaths claim high IQs and frequently present testament to supposedly justify their actions on the basis of being better than others.

Likewise, a malignant narcissist exists only through a belief in their own superiority over others.

If we are to believe your “147” you would be within the top 1/10th percentile point of the population.

Yet, you seem to avoid demonstrating your ability to “analyse and reason” in debate, the very thing which IQ is supposed to test.

This seems to be contradiction.

If you are truly in the top 1/10th of the population, then you would not be challenged by someone like me, who scored lower than your supposed 147. Your reasoning prowess should “sweep me away” in debate!

Yet it does not.

All I receive from you are trite and sarcastic asides.

The depth of your reasoning has been, as I have said before, “enfeebled”.

Or maybe,

The truth is you really scored less than you claim and these declarations are the “enfeebled” attempts of a narcissist to impose the self-delusion of superiority over the rest of us.

So, I implore you, produce some evidence of reasoning in support of your claims to 147 IQ.

I would suggest start by arguing a view which supports your belief in pro-life (I could even give you some tips, if advise from some lesser intellect would not cause affront to your superior sensibilities).

Such an input, from such a (supposedly) magnificent mind, would be far better grist for the mill than everyone here being left to assume you are simply either a psychopath or malignant narcissist (not that there is much difference between the two).
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 21 June 2007 11:51:17 AM
Col Rouge
Poetry can be a useful rhetoric. Though appealing to the emotions, it doesn’t necessarily oppose logic. In your criticising my use of poetry, I notice you had no argument with the content of the poem.

I think you should read the rhyme of the ancient mariner again. If it’s about living with the consequences of your actions, then it’s pretty relevant to this debate.

Should we avoid facing up to what we’ve done, look for the quick fix, or do we take proper responsibility for our actions?

(And in the poem, if the Mariner must live with the consequences of his actions, at least he got to live.)

I suppose we differ in what is properly facing up to our responsibilities. But ask anyone who was once an embryo whether they are glad their parents were brave enough to face their responsibilities. You’ll get the same answer nearly every time.

Yvonne
You have a go at me for not talking about contraception (as well as put words in my mouth.) If I’ve overlooked giving my opinion on contraception, it is because it is not the core issue, and we’ve gone off on enough tangents as it is.

If you’re looking for my opinion on contraception, here it is. If you are not ready to have a baby, then wisely use contraception. If you are okay about the idea of having a baby, then don’t. No rocket science employed!

As in my comment above, it is all to do with acting responsibly and taking proper responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

But don’t use abortion as a type of contraception because that is killing a new life.
Posted by Mick V, Thursday, 21 June 2007 4:22:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy