The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In praise of hypocrisy > Comments

In praise of hypocrisy : Comments

By Andrew Hamilton, published 14/5/2007

When we become personally involved, by saving water or by reducing our need for power, our attitudes change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Good and timely article Andrew,

I find it absurd that China is leading in climate change compliance.
The argument of waiting for everyone else to do it sounds irrational and reflect the lack of leadership in the bureaucrats.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Monday, 14 May 2007 3:54:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Rhian. The analogy between Christianity and the green movement is valid for reasons that show the inhumanity of both. Both systems require external and questionable justification for actions that are in themselves sound. The actions encouraged in response to global warming are all things we should be doing anyway, irrespective of global warming.
Posted by Rick Tooth, Monday, 14 May 2007 5:46:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah, I think Rhian has said it all.
Posted by Admiral von Schneider, Monday, 14 May 2007 5:47:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you, I'd rather be free to question God and Climate Change than permitted the small indulgence of hypocrisy.
Posted by Richard Castles, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 7:24:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy