The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Risking women's health, breaching Australia's laws > Comments

Risking women's health, breaching Australia's laws : Comments

By Jocelynne Scutt, published 11/5/2007

Confidentiality and privacy laws are little protection against the determined anti-abortionist.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Peter D” Sorry, Col Rouge. Wrong on every count. You wrote that looking in the mirror. But don't forget to thank your mother for not aborting you.”

I would observe that despite being directly invited to challenge my reasoning, (“Feel free to challenge the points I have made), you decline and simply toy with your churlish asides.

Obviously, what faith you have in your own beliefs is so weak you lack the courage to defend them as a basis for reasoned debate.

Oh, I am pretty sure “little man syndrome” is right on the money.

Unable to control those around you, you fall back on righteous indignation. I am pleased your mother did not abort you either, you are a living reminder of how not to be.

I choose and stand proudly with my belief that everyone is a sovereign individual with first and sole right to choose the deployment of their own bodies. That some ladies will pursue abortions is sad. However, far sadder would be the situation where their right of free choice was subverted to the will of people like Peter D, who comes here to make demands and criticise others, without being able to defend his own position.

Peter D, your posturing, like your attitude, stinks and your arguments are, obviously undefendable (based on your inability/reluctance to defend them).

At least my mother would be proud of me for knowing my mind and defending my views and stated position. I wonder what excuses your mother would be making up for you?
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 21 May 2007 7:21:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More verbal garbage, Col.
Posted by Peter D, Monday, 21 May 2007 9:32:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter D “More verbal garbage, Col. “

And yet you present us with another wasted opportunity to defend your argument.

Obviously you hold no faith in your ability to produce reasoned argument and you are left posturing like a dullard.

What you have posted proves you are incapable of reasoned debate which leaves everyone to conclude you are as good at debating as 70 kilos of catering corp lard.

Have a nice day. Stay out of the sun or you might have a melt down and run off into the gutter (no great loss).
Posted by Col Rouge, Tuesday, 22 May 2007 9:31:44 AM
If you murder a pregnant woman, aren't there increased penalties for taking two lives?
Posted by Steel, Saturday, 26 May 2007 1:41:46 AM
Steel, no he wouldn't. If a man kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach and caused an abortion of a much wanted child (by the woman), he would only be up for assault of the woman. A foetus does not have the same rights before the law as a person after birth.

The above scenario is unfortunately a way a few men have managed to get out of becoming financially responsible for an unwanted child. Furious a woman didn't choose abortion.

If you were drunk and caused an accident involving a pregnant woman, you would't have to worry about manslaughter charges as long as the woman doesn't die.

Only women who have a termination of a pregnancy are freely slandered with murder by some.
Posted by yvonne, Saturday, 26 May 2007 5:43:11 PM
This whole abortion thing is just plain stupid. I'm still at school, and I know a few people who have been forced to finish school because of having a child. Some of them had it because they wanted to, but one was raped, and was then made pregnant. How can you bring in a child into this world with it not knowing it's father, and when you then start a family, making it the odd one out? It's just plain cruel. If anyone hasn't noticed, it's mostly males saying women shouldn't have a choice and abortion is wrong. Excuse me, do you know what it feels like to squeeze a watermelon through your genitals? It's not the most pleasant thing i can assure you. I do agree that if a woman becomes pregnant, then she should think long and hard about it, but it should NEVER be anyone else's choice but hers what to do with it. It's her body which is gonna be put under a hell of a lot of stress, she'll end up looking after it. If they say Australia is a non-sexist country, everyone is equal, then those males who say women don't get a choice in what should happen. Remember folks: if women decided to stop having children all together because its to risky, then the poplulation is gonna die. We got the power to decide that, so it's OUR decision whether to abort or not.
Posted by ellie, Sunday, 27 May 2007 1:15:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy