The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Global hysteria > Comments

Global hysteria : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 10/5/2007

Gore can fly in a private jet but we must carpool because Greenland is 'melting'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Yes, we're all in this together, but some of us are more in this together than others.
Posted by Richard Castles, Thursday, 10 May 2007 5:20:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reynard you just don't get it, the authors tone throughout almost the entire article was one of ridicule, I just answered in kind. I think you should carefully read what I have written, instead of skimming through, you have not answered one criticism.
(1) Time magazine is not an authority on climate change
(2) A complete misunderstanding of polar bear plight
(3) The usual shoot the messenger not address the issue
(4) Using ridicule instead of science as a debating tool
Posted by alanpoi, Thursday, 10 May 2007 5:44:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think global warming/climate change has been invented to replace religion for those who are too intelligent to subscribe to religion, but not intelligent enough to see that the propaganda regarding anthropogenic climate forcing is just that; propaganda. It is a new religion for the irreligious.
In both cases, I am a total sceptic.
As for Al Gore, well! He is very inconvenient and a hypocrite.
Still, I suppose people have to have something to occupy their minds...
Posted by Froggie, Thursday, 10 May 2007 8:46:32 PM
This global warming thing seems to me to have overtones of the leftist greenies finding another way to attack capitalist countries. It always seems to be the capitalist countries that have to change their way of life to save the planet and bring things back to the way the greenies or watermelons (red underneath) are always advocating.

I agree mankind has become like a plague on the earth because of our sheer numbers and this will certainly cause problems like more wars and poverty but I am not convinced that global warming will be one of the problems.
Posted by sharkfin, Thursday, 10 May 2007 9:10:44 PM
Keep your head in the sand, Ben-Peter.

We'll still try our hardest to ensure that your children and grand-children enjoy what you and your parents have enjoyed.
Posted by CitizenK, Friday, 11 May 2007 9:02:30 AM
Terpstra cites C.Horner, a lawyer working for the Competitive Enterprise Institute (one of many right wing corporate funded thunk tanks http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Christopher_C._Horner) as an expert on climate science. What next, citing the press agent for British American Tobacco on causes of lung cancer?

Keep right on denying Terpstra, theres plenty of sugar daddies for such work (www.exxonsecrets.org) and you'll no doubt gain rich if repulsive friends. Cherrypicking the hypocrisy of Gore (a mainstream US politican hypocritical? NO!! shock, horror, better call Today Tonight) or the stupidity of Time magazine (mainstream media having been lobotomised twenty years ago) may win chuckles at the golf club but is irrelevant to the reality of rising land and sea temps, acidifying ocean, and retreating glaciers. Of course playing the man not the ball is the only card RightThink has left, but its a wonder more of the rats aren't departing the sinking ship of denial.
Posted by Liam, Friday, 11 May 2007 11:21:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy