The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why Hilali must go, and go now > Comments

Why Hilali must go, and go now : Comments

By Manny Waks, published 17/4/2007

Absurdity has turned into reality in the serial drama that envelops Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. All
Any one see the debate about soldiers in Germany or some such in training ?
Using that dreadful term some in America use inferring sexual activity with ones own mother?
Some in America screamed that it was dreadful to say that, but no one denied the term s used in an every day manner by some sections .
Muslims in this country and the world are using the same blindness to hide the truth in truly held concerns some of us hold.
How can people who came here for a better life so badly threaten ours?
Who within the Muslim community stood against the raciest taunts that lead to the riot?
Why in this country are knifes are carried and used against un armed people?
I need more evidence that hatred of Australians is not excepted in this community ,the removal of this idiot and those who support him would be a start.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 4:27:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He is indeed a boofhead, but he speaks important things :) he shows us exactly how "Islam" regards others. Sure, he may not be expressing the cherished views of even most Muslims or a sizable proportion of them for whom the religion happens to be the one they were born with and raised with, and for whom it is as much culture as anything else, but for those who make serious enquiry into that faith, Hilali speaks for many of them. (i.e. the moderates ! if he spoke for the extremists his rhetoric would be on turbo compared to now)

I would rather someone declare the true nature of Islam so that we can all see it's colors nailed to the mast, than some Waleed Ali type character who gives it another sugar coat each day to make it more palatable to naive and unthinking Australians.

So, to the Sheikh... KEEP IT UP... at least we don't have to pay you for doing our work
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 7:00:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
irfan: Comparing Jones with hilaly is comparing apples with oranges as you, if you have half a brain, would know well. Jones is an egomaniac with a large mouth and a correspondingly small brain. Whereas your lunatic imam is a hate filled lying, extremely arrogant trouble maker. Jones has never called for the death of moslems. Jones has never referred to pagan moslems as pigs and monkeys. Jones has never rubbished Australia and Australians when overseas then lied about just exactly he did say. Jones is a benign ego-centric fool your loud mouthed, lying, ALWAYS misrepresented pagan priest is a dangerous fool and if you irfan had half a brain would know this to be true. Regards, numbat
Posted by numbat, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 2:35:58 PM
"What I want to know is why are Australians so averse to finding out what Muslims here really think?"

grn you really are a naïve individual,
if you really want to know what the Muslim community thinks, why don't you attend a community event such as those held by the Islamic Friendship Association of Australia and simply ask them.. whats the matter? u afraid your expectations are going to fall short? or are your suspicions simply to great? try it mate its called being pragmatic
Posted by peachy, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 5:06:12 PM
Hillali hasn't said anything the average Muslim does not agree with. Hence the deafening silence of the Muslim majority. They can’t fault the man.

Islam follows a parallel system to any host country.

They only respond to the voice of their Qur'an which tells them that women are deficient in intelligence, morals and religion. They are worth half the value of men in all their legal (Shari'a) rulings.

The Qur'an states that Jews are Pigs and Apes.

The Qur'an also mentions that ALL non-muslim nations must be obliterated or converted to Islam.

The Qur’an states that Jihad (holy war) is the duty of every capable Muslim – those who can’t blow themselves up should support those who would.

The Qur’an also tells Muslim believers to not respect or befriend any non-Muslim unless that helps them in furthering Islam in that nation.

The Qur’an instils supremacist beliefs in the mind of their believers. (All the earth belongs to their god Allah – therefore all non-Muslims are not welcomed).

So for my money Hillali hasn’t said or done anything his holy book doesn’t certify as “gospel”.

Why get rid of the messenger – I say get rid of the religion.
Posted by coach, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 6:05:21 PM
It's coach's comment that worries me - I mean, the possible truth of it. Can you provide references for your quotations? Hilaly doesn't worry me, but the silence and apparent inaction of Australian Muslims does, esp if coach is right. If they don't get rid of him, their credibility will remain at nil - not that that concerns me at all. Meanwhile, I'm going to do something like what peachy has suggested - ie get inquisitive. Bagging at a distance is too easy. As for multiculturalism, aren't we stuck with it (whatever we think of it)? Anyway, I would love to see it work even though I agree it's inherently very risky, and I don't think we've really given it a go yet - with Muslims, I mean.
Posted by goodthief, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 6:48:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26