The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why Hilali must go, and go now > Comments

Why Hilali must go, and go now : Comments

By Manny Waks, published 17/4/2007

Absurdity has turned into reality in the serial drama that envelops Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All
GZ, you're a very sad case indeed.

Not many people would draw attention to their gullibility quite so proudly by providing a URL. Boaz does, of course, but that's hardly an excuse for you. And he prefers YouTube, where the production values are so much higher.

Did you actually read the "articles" in the site you pointed us to?

"Christian Girls Kidnapped" is riddled with innuendo and supposition, but the stories are so obviously manufactured for their credulously simple-minded audience that it would be embarrassing to a reasonably cluey ten-year-old.

"...feared kidnapped by a Muslim man, was found living with a Muslim family. Wearing the full veil, she told her brother that she had 'found the right path' - Islam<<

Note she was "feared" kidnapped. And made a statement to her own brother that she was happy. Hardly the stuff to convince a jury.

"...reportedly being held against her will by a Muslim couple... an alleged signed declaration of conversion to Islam... appeared in court dressed in an Islamic veil. Her family believe she was being given drugs"

Note "reportedly", "alleged", "believe". No facts, just biased supposition.

"...told her fiancé that a Muslim employee of his had kidnapped the young woman. Rumours spread that she had converted to Islam..."

More rumour.

"Heba had eloped with a Muslim man... a police source told Nabil Ghali that his daughter had converted to Islam... he acquired a copy of Heba's conversion certificate"

Sounds pretty voluntary to me.

This one was more convincing:

"Theresa's family insist that she was kidnapped, but some Christian girls romanced by young Muslim men voluntarily leave their families and convert to Islam to escape poverty and unhappy family situations"

But they just couldn't resist a footnote to it:

"The opinions expressed in this article are not necessarily those held by Cross Rhythms"

I didn't even have to pick and choose. These were the first articles on the site.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 7 May 2007 10:08:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Horus,

You quoted:
There seems to be an implication in your comment that as Greece has banned Islamic places of worship, it has no grounds to criticize Moslem aggression against its territory or people.[ tit for tat!]
Am I reading you correctly"

Not at all, all I am saying is many comments seems to be looking at one side of the equation all the time without:
a) recogninsing the fact that many muslim countries work on improving minorities conditions.
b) that few European countries (ie the Greece example) are treating their Muslim minorities as inferior citizens (banning mosques for Muslims).

Integration, communication and co-existence is a 2 way street.

Take the recent article by Rev. Rod Benson:
He was gang-ho on Islamist threat yet, for some reason, the fact that a 96% recently converted to Christianity population like Rwanda, massacred 800,000 non-Christians over a decade ago. And yet, no one is questioning what kind of Christianity is being taught in Africa? The Neo-Con version or the Orthodox version?

All fundamentalism is bad, right now all I am seeing seem to be a glorified finger pointing excercise on Islam and Muslims.

GZ Tan,

An old African proverb says:
"if a man in my village says I look like a horse, I will call him ill mannered; but if all my village says I look like a horse, then I should go and buy myself a saddle".

I think everyone on OLO agrees on something.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Monday, 7 May 2007 11:27:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While everyone is looking at self-glorification on OLO, Hillali is still in his office, laughing his heart out all the way to the Interlink office, passing all these gullible Australians – including the media.

The cross-section here on OLO is a reflection of that gullibility.

Muslims are trained in supremacy. They are told since a young age that their religion is the last and therefore the correct one.

The troubling point is that Islam does not have a separation of state and religion. All aspects of Islamic life (social, legal, sexual, culinary, dress code, etc…) are taken care by their Sharia law which is extracted from the Qur’an and Hadiths dating back to the tenth century AD.

These customs remain unchangeable because their sources are unchangeable.

Take “Tolerance” for non-muslims for example. That word has a different connotation in Islam then we understand it here in the west.

Dhimmitude is their concept of live and let live. Islam must be the supreme ideology of the country – all others are a lesser people. Like the Copts in Egypt.

I too lived there and know thousands of people who can attest to the contrary of your lies FH.

FH will let you believe – using Islamic deception or “Taqyia” - that all Egyptians are treated equally. Taqyia (plain lying) is allowed and encouraged in Islam as part of jihad as long as it is used to deceive the enemy (all of us) and advance the establishment and propagation of Islam.

So FH is doing his part establishing an ideology that is so different to what we have seen in Australia to date. And what are we doing to stop it? Follow Hillali and his stooges.

Wake up Australia – our children’s children will never forgive us for being so gullible – and letting our country go to this Islamic mob... slowly but certainly.
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 10:43:38 AM
Coach,

Hilali isn’t in office since he is self appointed.
Perhaps you should tell us what % if any likes or supports Hilali since none of the Muslims I know attend or even like the guy. The only popularity I see for Hilaly is in the older Arab generation (including non-Muslims like yourself) and the Aussie media because he ‘sells’. Of course why would you the media refer to any of the new generation Aussie Imams?

Re-read my post: I am not saying there is no discrimination to Christians in Egypt. I am saying that everyone in Egypt is discriminated against; explain why Egyptian prisons have +60,000 held without trial every year (majority Muslims, atheists, democracy activists, etc.)

Now that you are an Egyptian Christian, perhaps you should explain why Pope Shenouda of Alexandria called on all Christians to vote for the local government and also why in 1977 he called on all Christians to boycott Jerusalem and the peace treaty with Israel (which was initiatiated by the Muslim majority).

Or you like only monologue and www.islambashingwebsites.com?
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 2:50:51 PM
Pericles,

With your feign arguments, truth about FH's stooge is fast surfacing.

I asked FH to comment on alleged kidnappings. FH sidetracked to horse-saddle.

Instead, FH's stooge eagerly leaped into conclusion: "...stories are so obviously manufactured"

Have you not heard, "Where there's smoke, there's fire"?

Man, there's a lot of smoke!!

Eygpt, an Islamic States, is where majority Muslims wield great powers of coercion and threat. Powers that silent its victims; where minorities fear speaking out.

It takes rare character of strength to go through judicial process loaded in favour of Muslims, to risk a violent repercussion.

It's quite understandable most victims would, by resigning to their "twists of fate", desire to relieve their families of prolonged trauma.

"Afterall, don't we believe in the same Allah? ", the girls finally succumbed.

Those are probably lost souls due to forced brain-washings. Unfortunately instigators are not even criminals because: (1) lack of transparent rule-of-laws in Egypt, and (2) victims afraid to speak out.

Tell us, why is Coptic Christians a fast diminishing breed?

What seems "innuedo" to you are what minority non-Muslims experience daily !!

Most allegations of kidnapping would NEVER progress beyond mere allegations. They just became a "misfortune" of victims family (until everyone finally succumb, convert to Islam and re-unite as one "happy" Muslim family.)

So how to legally prove a young girl's soul is kidnapped in favour of Islam in an Egyptian court?

Contrary to your thinking, the web-sites alleging kidnappings are honest by being TECHNICALLY CORRECT (using only terms pertaining to allegations). But they tell a lot what's going on in REAL LIFE !!

Yet you simply prejudged and denied a course of justice, by pushing aside allegations, against a KNOWN bullying Islamic majority, with wild presupposition that all the stories "...are so obviously manufactured".

If you're a law-enforcement officer, please quit !!

BTW, it's normal practice to have a disclaimer about opinions expressed on any web-site. This does NOT imply Cross Rhythms doubt veracity of the article !!

Looks like I ought to bolt saddles on you both!!
Posted by GZ Tan, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 5:13:15 PM
Careful GZ, you are becoming inarticulate.

>>With your feign arguments, truth about FH's stooge is fast surfacing<<

There are thirteen definitions of "feign" in my OED, none of which is an adjective.

If it is a misprint for "fine", thanks for the compliment.

On the other hand, English might not be your first language, in which case I advise more careful use of the dictionary in future.

Your justification for the "my daughter was abducted by Muslim aliens" articles was particularly exquisite...

>>Have you not heard, "Where there's smoke, there's fire"?
Man, there's a lot of smoke!!<<

I am sure you must have heard the American expression "blowing smoke".There's a nice definition in "American Idioms" that goes like this:

"To be boasting without being able to back it up, talking about action without intent to follow through. For example 'Do you really want to buy this car or are you just blowing smoke?'"

It speculates its origins as:

"Magicians often use smoke in their performance to obscure your view and conceal a bit of trickery. A person who is "blowing smoke" is tricking you and attempting to cover it up"

I think that this is exactly the kind of smoke contained in those articles, don't you?

You justify the articles' vagueness with this piece of sophistry:

>>Contrary to your thinking, the web-sites alleging kidnappings are honest by being TECHNICALLY CORRECT<<

I have absolutely no problem with that. Except that by being "technically correct" they also expose the fact that the allegations are extremely thin. All of them can in fact be explained in terms of parents moaning "I didn't like the man my daughter married", instead they are used as examples of religious persecution.

As for this, you are being disingenuous in the extreme:

>>it's normal practice to have a disclaimer about opinions expressed on any web-site. This does NOT imply Cross Rhythms doubt veracity of the article !!<<

Nonsense. It is crystal clear that they referred to the one segment, the admission that girls "voluntarily leave their families and convert to Islam to escape poverty and unhappy family situations".
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 10 May 2007 4:55:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All