The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Trust me - I'm from the Opposition' > Comments

'Trust me - I'm from the Opposition' : Comments

By Graham Ring, published 23/4/2007

Another ALP Indigenous affairs policy soufflé has floated gently to earth: it smells tasty enough but offers very little to chew on.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
The manner of the article deserves the criticism. I was disappointed with the lack of an indigenous policy in Rudd's Address to the Canberra
press gallery. Perhaps the author based his article on this?
If Rudd's, to be and end all, this is a public failure, and he address it, and with pacifics.
fluff
Posted by fluff4, Thursday, 26 April 2007 3:52:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good piece Ringy, and yes indeed, I too wonder if these are once again just the usual symbolic hyperbole i.e, wonderfully wrapped (and yet empty) presents placed under the Labor party's policy tree and labelled "for the aborigines'. (do not let them open it until after the election under any circumstances)

If the Ruddernaut falls over the line we’ll be invited to open them up and I suspect all they will enclose are hand written notes saying;

• “Take some responsibility and if you’re not naughty aborigines we’ll think about giving you some rights’

• “What? you expected some detailed policy?” “You cheeky black bastards!

Love Uncle Noel Pearson and Aunty Jenny Macklin.
Posted by Rainier, Friday, 27 April 2007 4:57:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In other words - The only interest the ALP has in Indigenous issues is to make sure they don’t lose redneck votes - by being seen to be soft on blacks. Their only policy prescription they dare fly is that blacks have [=are] problems and they’re gonna fix em.

Absolution guarantees all round / writ large.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Posted by Rainier, Friday, 27 April 2007 5:11:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy