The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Try Kiwi values, mate > Comments

Try Kiwi values, mate : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 13/4/2007

New Zealand has a crucial advantage over Australia when it comes to trying to define its values for newcomers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
“I don't believe it's any co-incidence that of the top twenty nations on that list, only one (Japan) is not Western. Of course, individuals do their own thing, but some cultures are more conducive to producing great individuals than others due to an over-arching worldview that informs such individuals” (by shorbe, 19 Apr-2007). Appreciating this information could notice, that originating from different countries and systems, the Jews - Nobel laureates might hardly be a living belonging of a homogenous culture: as clear AND from Australian media most recently deliberating Einstein’s possibilities to gain asylum in Australia nowadays, a local Jewish Australian would barely pretend on this world prize in the nearest future.

“Maybe this is why George W Bush is making such a mess of things in Iraq, without the necessary knowledge, he's relying too much on his own special God whispering in his ear “(by bushbred, 19 April 2007 4:02:44 PM) – so , what sort of history does Iraq present?

Maybe, it’s handy to recall British map-exercising while all three young Saudi princes were given their kingdoms at the time. Surely, presidential advisers know this according-to-a-recent-view-backwards-perspective historical colonial nonsense.
Posted by MichaelK., Monday, 23 April 2007 12:54:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Holy smoke, Batman, what was that last post all about!

I thought this was a post about NZ and Dear old Irfan!
Posted by Ian Mack, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 12:35:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those not following a run of discussion the participants' quotes had been included into a next-to-a-last post, Ian Mac.

Nothing occurred in vacuum, especially, if mishmash was being creating by the loyal to local-London-based-royals subjects pretending on absolute biological superiority and logically following it, world hegemony in Iraq, NZ, Australia and wherever.
Posted by MichaelK., Tuesday, 24 April 2007 1:52:43 PM
MichaelK,

If you want to continue a different discussion, why don't you start a new thread?

This is supposed to be a post about NZ, Maori, and Irfan the Muslim newcomer to those shores.

I can't see Zionism and all the other furphies recently raised in this post as contributing to the topic.

Using a tiny bit of intellectual steering, can we all swing this post back on course?
Posted by Ian Mack, Thursday, 26 April 2007 1:42:35 AM
Ian Mak,

Also Israelis -and the Jews- still surely arrive in Australia, I found no "Zionist reference" in this discussion, no even a slight shadow of concern at institutional Anti-Semitism preventing them from mainstream employment in Australia but “family business”. Please, do not point at Coles-Myers (ho,ho,ho), Gen. John Monash and Sir Nossac: even the most oppressive regimes, one of Hitler’s among was, have got their ready-to-herald-equity show-case men.

Following up a notion of “This is supposed to be a post about NZ, Maori, and Irfan the Muslim newcomer to those shores”, one could say logic demonstrated in an article stipulates assumption that absorbing as much Maori of NZ into Australia as possible will improve local “multiculturalism” dramatically.

The question remains, what would then happen to NZ, of which a lax immigration law already contributed to creating Muslim enclaves around a country – and importing them to Australia in increasing numbers prior to known changes in dole payments Kiwis enjoyed on arrival on Down Under ’s shores imminently?
Posted by MichaelK., Friday, 27 April 2007 1:48:55 AM
MichaelK,

I was struck, during a visit to Auckland in the last couple of years, to find the CBD at lunchtime was populated by Indo-Chinese. I couldn't spot a European or Maori face anywhere.

Whether or not there are Muslim enclaves also in NZ I do not know, nor whether those folk are exported to Australia. Irfan, if he is still in NZ, will be finding the experience bewildering. His children's children may gain a glimmer of that nation's cultural mix.

My sympathies lie eventually with the Maori people who have shown endless forgiveness first to European ways, and now to the effects of globalisation and the influx of refugees. As I said before, this says much about the spirit of the Maori people and their forgiving nature.
Posted by Ian Mack, Sunday, 20 May 2007 1:34:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy