The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to limit hot air debate > Comments

Time to limit hot air debate : Comments

By Tor Hundloe, published 13/4/2007

Can John Howard and Kevin Rudd work together to arrive at sensible responses to climate change?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I agree with you DEMOS that a 'climate change' Party is not on.

My main point was that our current political parties are not addressing and cannot address the climate change problem because of the fragmented climate change vote.

Your suggested referendum would unify this vote and then maybe we can do something constructive for sake of our grandchildren.

Can you flesh out this referenda idea?
Posted by Goeff, Sunday, 15 April 2007 1:12:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not long ago lost my wife of 63 years and me turning 86 in June and getting sick of being called Old Pap and a left-wing Loonie by my OLO comrades, reckon it might be a good time to say Au Revoir.

Trouble is I've got ten grandkids just deciding to ask granpa for advice and 13 great grandkids coming on and a 14th one nearly due, guess it might be best to hang around, warning them to be thankful for the past and be prepared to face a protective global future rather than a throwaway one.
Posted by bushbred, Sunday, 15 April 2007 1:30:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
George you are still fighting the fight and that is important.There has to be a bit of left and right in our lives for us to survive.There are no absolutes in this unfair game of life.You do not write like a geriatric,so why feel like one?

Diamond Jim died recently and his famous saying was, "Just keep moving,it does matter in which direction."

Where God fits into the equation,unfortunately I have no idea.Perhaps you could enlighten me.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 15 April 2007 9:20:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
George, the world is in desperate need of left-wing loonies like you and me. Some day we’ll get it through the thick skulls of our detractors that what is currently deemed to be left wing is in fact straight-down-the-line common sense.

Hang in there.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 15 April 2007 10:18:06 PM
What irks me as an occasional developer of small lots of land is that for years we have been levied large sums for water provision which was to include dam, pumping stations and pipelines. For Brisbane to take an example, the extension to the Wivenhoe dam was supposed to have been done many years ago.

Similarly, the Hinze dam supplying water to the Gold Coast was supposed to have been extended years ago and like the Wivenhoe dam, taxes were collected for the purpose. For interest, the Hinze dam has overflowed three times in the four years and one event was quite recent.

Engineers planned for 50 yr and 100 yr dry events and the money to provide the dams was collected but what has happened to it? I wonder if it has it been squandered by bureaucrats on the many other 'initaitives' such as twin city visits that have grown like topsy. Why not have Councils return to their more traditional roles and plug the wastage of taxes that is occurring?
Posted by Cornflower, Sunday, 15 April 2007 10:47:07 PM
George Bushbred - hang around for a while, old mate. As Ludwig intimated, we other left wing loony grandpappies enjoy the wisdom in your comments, and the young whippersnappers obviously need it!
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 16 April 2007 6:54:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy