The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd’s ascendance > Comments

Rudd’s ascendance : Comments

By Emma Dawson, published 16/3/2007

Kevin Rudd is the best chance we’ve had for a long time to drag Australian politics out of its antiquated thinking.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"The Australian People's Party" policies on immigration and citizenship are suspiciously similar to those of the now defunct One Nation party. By similar, I mean almost word for word.

Compare:

http://www.tapp.org.au/immigration/Immigration%20%20Policy.doc

and

http://www.australianpolitics.com/parties/onenation/immigration-policy-98.shtml

Another person stealing Pauline's policies. Tsk, tsk.
Posted by Oligarch, Friday, 16 March 2007 11:21:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tapp will poll far less than one nation ever did, the debate is too important to waste on forever minute party's.
Given yet another beheading will the conservatives have the leadership debate now or after the train wreck?
Will they debate the dreadful policy's now or in the ruble?
Such debate will take place only the timing is unsure, you would think it is well under way behind closed doors.
Kevin Rudd is helped by 72 mistakes? can we not start the debate openly now?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 March 2007 6:05:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another person stealing Pauline's policies. Tsk, tsk.
Posted by Oligarch, Friday, 16 March 2007 11:21:51 PM

Tsk Tsk

I didnt invent the wheel If i see something that i like i will use.
At least i have the guts for it not like you wingers.

You will also find that it isnt word for word.
I have made changes to suit so do i have a problem with one nation NO
When it comes to religion YES

But there is something i can say
These are real policies

WHERE ARE LABORS
WHERE ARE LIBERALS

So you dont like the immigration policy is this due to a complete halt not that of zero balance but nil,zero immigration until such time when factors change for the people.
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 17 March 2007 11:11:55 AM
Rudd is captive of the same 'power brokers' who selected Latham Beazley, Keating and Hawke. Everyone overlooks the fact at that dinner with Burke were all the WA Union heavyweights. The same men (Exclusively men) who dominate the pre-selections of labor candidates and dare I say it...Labor leaders.

Burke isn't representative of those men but he was able to get them along to a dinner with Young Kevvy.

At the time someone in the media asked Rudd who was at that dinner. He replied along with Burke were WA business leaders. It was no coincidence he ommitted telling half the audience that night also comprised these union men.

With Young Kevvy we'll get these antiquated individuals, their antiquated ideas, their antiquated policy and their antiquated and inefficient methods.

If anyone thinks Young Kevvy is going to bring a new Australia they are going to be sadly disappointed. If he's elected he'll let a lot of people down, because they've been led to have too high expectations. We'll see election results similar to Whitlam's and Keating's rejections and that will lead to another 10-12 years of Liberal domination.

The most revealing indication of the power-brokers influence was Young Kevvy's position on an Iraqi withdrawal. Most people have the impression Young Kevvy is going to bring the troops out of Iraq immediately. Once the policy question is asked and the Labor Party position shown a lot of people who hold that expectation are going to be sadly disappointed. The mooted Labor position on this issue is one designed to appease all the Labor factions.

It's a long way to the next election and the electorate won't be sucked in by populism or mud-slinging. They'll look at policy and policy detail and Rudd's, like Latham's and Beazley's, lack of substance, will be exposed by the influence of the Labor power-brokers. He's owes them not Burke and they won't let him forget it. They're all hoping the public don't see that influence.
Posted by keith, Saturday, 17 March 2007 2:05:43 PM
There is no new Labor, it is still the same old faces, the same old policies . And still..no working man. All academics, lawyers and old uni boys.
Kevin Rudd, according to some ,is saying very little. I quote from the West,"I see ahead of me, a huge mountain, it has got a lot of snow on top and a lot of jagged lips hanging out..it's a bit of a race to the top but I think we have just got to the base camp"
Opposition leader Kevin Rudd on the upcoming election campaign.
I think if that is a typical speech from Rudd ,better he says nothing. That sounds like some of the awful scripting from "The Bold and the Beautiful" or " The Young and the Restless"
The Labor Party just cannot realise they are talking to adults that is why they do such belly flops.
Posted by mickijo, Saturday, 17 March 2007 2:45:47 PM
Gekko summed it up well in the very first comment.We have one articulate Rudd,but the rest are duds.Labor will probably get this year because of Liberal long incumbancy and ill planned IR reform.Then they'll spend the next two terms stuffing the economy just like NSW Labor and we'll vote the Liberals in again to fix it.

An ill informed electorate gives us poor performing pollies and bureaucrats.Will we ever learn?
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 17 March 2007 3:54:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy