The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A short history of what man covets most - STUFF > Comments

A short history of what man covets most - STUFF : Comments

By Chris Shaw, published 14/3/2007

Man, oil, materialism, greed, money: a lighthearted but serious look at the state of our planet and the human race.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Cheers everyone.

It's actually quite difficult to write your ideas in the naive style, because you have to swallow your dignity so much.

In this case, I wrote the whole thing in the nude. Since I am approaching 60, I am no longer a danger to shipping. My family bore up like the troopers they are.

- but it's a case of "needs must" I'm afraid.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Thursday, 15 March 2007 10:20:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey if you guys don't want your stuff, can I have it? - Hey Cat, thanks for the link.
Posted by Agincourt, Thursday, 15 March 2007 1:22:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey, not only was the article good stuff - but wasn't it refreshing that for once there was no-one telling the rest of us that it was all stuff and nonsense?
Posted by Romany, Thursday, 15 March 2007 2:10:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep - I like Chris' stuff on STUFF.

But aren't mining metallurgists collusive in depleting and destroying our natural abundance of stuff just to give us more stuff-ups?
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 17 March 2007 11:49:02 AM
Quite so dickie, the last laugh is on me.

Imagine sitting your grandkids on your knee and trying to explain to them that you are the state executioner. There's no easy way to let 'em down.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Sunday, 18 March 2007 9:32:28 AM
Chris - I think you're an enlightened, 21st century man and I've decided you're made of good stuff.

Keep sharing it my friend.
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 18 March 2007 12:18:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy