The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Misreported, misconstrued, mistranslated, misunderstood > Comments

Misreported, misconstrued, mistranslated, misunderstood : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 23/2/2007

One can't help but to compare the barrage of abuse faced by the Sheik Taj Al-Din Hilali (perhaps deservedly) with the indifference to Professor Raphael Israeli's offensive remarks.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. 46
  9. Page 47
  10. All
Monotheism is by nature persecutory and exclusionary. No the Salvation Army does not go around killing people nor do most Muslim groups. That said the Salvation are no angels themselves and are famed for their exclusion and persecution of 'others'. Exclusionism is a form of violence and the way the Salvation Army exploits the poor and actively humiliates the down and out is as I see it a form of violence. It is after all aggresive judgement based on an assumption that the Salvation Soldier is saved by the magic of believing in one deity and that the needy are the lesser for not possessing competition skills. Of course all religious based organisations are guilty of this , the salvo's are not alone. It seems apparent that one persons spirituality is dependent on the exploitation of another. The other is always needed for comparison , the god believer representing goodness and perfection , non believers representing failure and pure evil. Not withstanding cane toads and fire ants preparing for the end of the world as was warned in the symbolism of the Death of Princess Di the theories of religion tend toward mountainous mole hills and so without the manifestation of paradise or the second coming or even god at all for that matter, the differentiation between the believer and the 'other' will be the primacy which is why you will argue about each others evil until biology see's to it you cannot post further.
Posted by West, Saturday, 24 March 2007 4:50:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan,

On your earlier rhetorical question: "...what problems is Singapore having with its 15% Muslim minority?"

Thanks to Singapore's tough autocratic rule, Muslims population there have not been able to cause trouble. We do not want Singapore's style of government here, so I suggest we must never allow 15% Muslim population in Australia. For if we do, we ought to be tough like Singapore when dealing with Islamists.

Also you wrote somewhere: "...The theology I was taught was that a devoted Muslim should adopt the culture of the country."

Spare us the usual Muslim deceptive crap. Of course you never adopt other's culture. You only live among Australians of different cultures, at the same time claiming your Islamic culture co-exists with ours. Your culture is dictated by your Koran. Ours are not.

Recently :

1. in Nigeria some Muslim pupils lynched a teacher to death.

2. jail terms amounting to little more than a slap-on-the-wrist were handed down to Indonesian Islamists who chopped off heads of christian schoolgirls.

3. a Frenchman plucked out eyes of his wife (who refused sex with him). I knew (at an instance) - that devil must be a Muslim.

Only fools will believe claims that devoted Muslims will adopt other cultures. Australia must never ever have a 15% Muslim population !!
Posted by GZ Tan, Saturday, 24 March 2007 11:29:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Snappy Tom

Sorry about the web site here is the main site:
http://jewsonfirst.org/ These are proud American Jews, not Islamophiles or anti-Americans.

You said: “Why indeed is their this deathly silence about Darfur by Islamophiles such as yourself - is it because they (people of Darfur) is black?” That was a bit of a cheap shot, why would I have something against black people? Muslims, as are Christians, atheists, buddhists etc, are of all races.

It is a very interesting point you made though: why indeed is America not interested in helping the people of Darfur? Incidentally, the Fur, Zaghawa and Massaleit ethnic groups that are being ethnically cleansed by Muslims are Muslim themselves. Could it be that Israel couldn’t give a toss about the Sudan? Or there is not enough oil there? Or because a dead Muslim is good Muslim? Why do you think only the UN and some European countries are interested?

It is a long running conflict between North and South. The British Mandate of 1947 (interesting that wherever they have been there is so much conflict) created Sudan. Britain kept North and South separate before (divide and rule?). There has been ongoing conflict since about 1953.

The hysteria about Islam is not as present in the USA as it is here by the way. View just this one government site:
http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/muslimlife/

There are plenty of American websites for American Muslims if you care to check this out. So arguing against that all Muslims are an evil homogenous group intend on destroying the West does not mean being anti-American.
Posted by yvonne, Sunday, 25 March 2007 8:51:44 PM
I totally agree with what all of you are saying I am looking forward to so many other things which i happenend to see in following url
www.fatherdave.org/friends and yet to come in this Blog.
Posted by Carol Mathews, Wednesday, 2 May 2007 10:10:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. 46
  9. Page 47
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy