The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No excuses > Comments

No excuses : Comments

By Harry Throssell, published 21/2/2007

Australian Indigenous life expectancy is among the world's poorest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Why must we Australians constantly have ourselves on about this issue?
Why must we hear from within this community and out side it views that its all the fault of whites who invaded this country?
Why must we overlook most Aboriginals could not tell you the year of that invasion or who took part in it?
200 plus years is enough time to fix it!
It takes effort from both sides to fix it!
White Australia me and mine have to fix it.
But it will not be painless it will not be easy but we must fix it.
I at least know the people know the natural fear of mixing with us.
Know the do it tomorrow attitudes.
Why is it we talk Aboriginal culture but will not admit over drinking and child neglect is a part of that culture?
I give my time freely to help ,am white but uncle to hundreds of kids but sometimes unwanted in these community's.
I picked up a kid of 17 had seen him bashed in a domestic dispute kicked and bashed I took him home.
into the centre of a free lunch in a tent .
His family ran to his aid and the whole tent came to us no one gave it a thought that I had bought him home .
Yes racism in its worst way was my reward.
Sorry but some in this community must be made to care.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 22 February 2007 6:55:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Can we fiz the 'white problem'.

After invasion they used alcohol, disease, violence and death to control, enslave and or eradicate (disperse) us.

Years of abuse, violence, sexual abuse and slavery at the hands of the colonisers and now the 'white problen' wonders why we don't really trust them.

The problem with 'whites' is that they don't see or admit to the child abuse, alcoholism, drug addiction, mass murderers in thier mob- but are quick to bung it all onto us.

The 'white problem' is that they cannot see the link between the learned behaviour of some of our people from them.

You know what I mean. Brutality, violence, alcohol (remember the rum corp that the colonisers set up early in the piece), sexual slavery and abuse of women and children, masacares, land theft - ...
Posted by Aka, Thursday, 22 February 2007 8:12:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aka

The government is once again suggesting half way house for abused children in their communities.

Will this be classified another stolen generation or is it alright to do that now?
Posted by Suebdootwo, Thursday, 22 February 2007 11:24:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aka

I hear they can make a pretty good brew out of bush tucker without accessing modern methods of manufacture.
Posted by Suebdootwo, Thursday, 22 February 2007 11:27:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suebdootwo,
I think that your comments are hostile and any suggestion that are laden with hostility towards aborigines are the cause of the problem not the solution. People with your approach are responsible for the abuse and should stay out of discussion, for eveyone's sake!
Posted by vivy, Thursday, 22 February 2007 11:41:29 AM
Aka demonstrates the other great cancer eating up Aboriginal society - "It's all the white man's fault.". This lie is aided and abetted by guilt junkies on the soft left side of politics, whose real goal is perpetual self-flagellation, not helping Aborigines.
Posted by grn, Thursday, 22 February 2007 11:53:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All