The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Scorched earth an insecure place > Comments

Scorched earth an insecure place : Comments

By Alan Dupont, published 7/2/2007

Climate change is eclipsing terror as the most likely cause of mega-death.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
PERSEUS.. mate..I cannot resist this :)

Check the seating allocation in the European parliament.. the seat numbers and see which one does 'not' have a name for it out of the 679 available seats :) !

663 Souchet
664 Thomas-Mauro
665 Zissener
666 -
667 Cappato
668 Turco
669 Bonino
670 Pannella
671 Dupuis

I don't know how current this is, but it was up to when this list was made.

yep..Eurostalin is out there... googling away 0_-

Now..another leap into the wild blue world of prophecy which kind of loosely fits the 'megadeath' scenario.

Revelation 6
7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

COMMENT
The bottom line of course, is that all this is brought upon mankind by ourselves. By our abuse of the planet, resources and selfish greed.
But most of all, by a stubborn resistance to God, and ill will to His grace. The AntiChrist will epitomize all that, and when he takes his seat..he will be regarded like one divine by the world, such will his personality be.

No point in speculating on all this, its just another view and perspective into the mix.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 8 February 2007 5:24:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"But most of all, by a stubborn resistance to God, and ill will to His grace."

Frankly BD, I think thats a load of bollocks! World population
has gone from 1.5 billion to 6.5 billion in the last hundred
years. Various religions carry their large share of the blame
for all that, as they race to outbreed each other. Clearly
its not sustainable and in the natural world, if its not
sustainable, eventually the wheels fall off and the system
crashes. Nothing magic, thats how nature works.

"Ahh, there is judgement day," say the religious. Nope,
they just don't understand basic biology etc. Darwin
was right. But of course religious fervour will sweep
any kind of reason under the carpet
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 8 February 2007 7:28:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isn't it a pity we didn't have the IPCC, & all these clever people to help when India drifted into Asia.
I may not have the job description, "expert", but even I'm smart enough to know, that the Himalayas, popping up there, had a bit more effect, on the climate of the planet, than a bit of CO2 up in the clouds.

I wonder what the IPCC would have done, to save us.

Make us use public transport?
Stop us using coal?
Make us all eat Lentils?

Of course not. They would have had hundreds of natty little academics write thousands of papers, & fly all round the world, reading them to each other.
That would have fixed it
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 8 February 2007 12:10:58 PM
The real solution has to be solar.This is where John Howard has missed the point.He talks about using nuclear energy,however our largest nuclear power station is our own sun.David Mills has just moved to the US with his innovation of a solar power station that has real potential,but we are too consumed with selling coal and uranium.

Solar is the way to go,however the oil companies will no longer hold the monopoly on energy since we as individuals will be able to supply ourselves as the technology gets better.

We will happily waste billions on usless helicopters and submarines,yet don't have the wisdom to back our own inventions.$80 billion is sitting in a Commonwealth future fund for pollies and PS superannuation.What about a future for the rest of Australia?

We now need a leader with some courage and vision but I have yet to see it coming from the Labor Party.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 10 February 2007 11:47:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy