The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In search of vision > Comments

In search of vision : Comments

By Saeed Saeed, published 30/1/2007

John Howard's continuous rhetoric to the Australian Muslim community to solve their problems only further marginalises them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
CJ Morgan,

LOL,

Of what "boofheaded" ideology do you suspect me?

To what form of fundamentalist Christianity do you imagine I adhere?

Still, I'm glad you think I have an intelligent mind. I sometimes wonder about that.
Posted by Stephany, Friday, 2 February 2007 7:17:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fair enough bushbred, I can only talk for myself. Though I've seen no evidence from humanists of ill-will towards Christ, only towards the disfigured ideology many adopt in his name, or in the name of a competing ideology. It isn't reflected only in backward-looking madrassas. OLO will do just as well.

The world's a fascinating place, ain't it? The unknowable mysteries and wonderment of, well, "life, the universe, and everything" should be enough, shouldn't it? You'd think. Adding supernaturalism to the mix only complicates matters no end, and makes everybody right, and everybody wrong.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, bushbred. But my 'religion', as some would have it, accommodates everybody no matter what they believe in.
Posted by bennie, Saturday, 3 February 2007 11:25:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CHRISTIANS DEMAND SEPARATE EXCLUSIVE WASH ROOMS AT MELBOURNE UNIVERSITY.
Christian and University leaders defend this as it is "crucial to Christian prayer rituals"

HINDU'S DEMAND WATER FROM THE GANGES IMPORTED and placed at every University... the Ganges has great power to purify the Soul.

BUDHISTS DEMAND A 100 FOOT LONG SLEEPING BUDDHAH STATUE at each University "It gives the tranquility to meditate on the form"

BAHAI's DEMAND A SPECIAL PLACE TO WORSHIP AT EACH UNIVERSITY.

SIKHS DEMAND ALL LECTURERS WEAR A TURBAN...

Now.. just imagine if all this was true ! but hey..there IS one which is true, NOT listed above and here it is:

[A ROW has erupted over Muslim-only washrooms at La Trobe University that can be accessed only with a secret push-button code.

Muslim students have exclusive access to male and female washrooms on campus, sparking claims of bias and discrimination.

The university and Islamic leaders have defended the washrooms as vital to Muslim students' prayer rituals]
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,21129518-661,00.html

In terms of 'us/them' that would come pretty close to GAME...SET...MATCH.

Saeed ? anything to say ?

I refer the readers to my thread on '2 WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION MC and PC'
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 9 February 2007 7:54:19 PM
Hello Boaz David,

Now that you are done with your spleen venting, may I please ask you to refer to the herald sun article that you yourself posted in your comment. "Muslims need to wash their feet before prayer and in the past there have been complaints about them washing their feet in sinks, so this is a happy medium”. I attended Latrobe University and I myself did use the washroom for those purposes and out of respect to non Muslims students. When I explained this to non Muslim students they understood the logic behind it.

Also for your information, Latrobe University conducts yearly tours of the Latrobe University Mosque and Muslim washrooms to fellow non Muslim students. The aim of this is to explain the reasons behind the washrooms and other aspects of Muslim practices that apparently so enrages you.

I hope that in the spirit of understanding, I have respectfully answered your question. May I also please request you show a similar respect by doing simple research on Muslims issues before you go make erronious claims.

Thank you
Posted by Saeed, Tuesday, 13 February 2007 9:10:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy