The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor's poll planners: savvy analyst and ruthless spin doctor > Comments

Labor's poll planners: savvy analyst and ruthless spin doctor : Comments

By Natasha Cica, published 29/1/2007

Maxine McKew joins team Rudd to advise on the ABCs of strategy. Howard should get a real run for his money.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Great item. If anyone needed convincing of Mr Rudd's potential and future then Maxine's involvement is it.

Labor by 5 lengths.

And no Mise, Kim was never going to get there after Tampa.
Posted by RobbyH, Tuesday, 30 January 2007 5:54:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Re Bennie's comment on my posting - I do want to differentiate between politicians and political staffers. WA and SA also have ex journo premiers don't they? There's an apprenticeship in the party system that's required to turn a journo into a politician - some hard yards.
Posted by analyst, Tuesday, 30 January 2007 12:48:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There was a nice,warm ,cosy picture of Kevin Rudd sitting in a room with small children.
Is he going to read them a story? Have we heard all this before? Is this a case of deja vu?
Or have I got the wrong politician?
Posted by mickijo, Tuesday, 30 January 2007 2:00:23 PM
Well they had to compensate for Gillards lack of chukspah somehow.
Thank god its not Kerry O'Brien and besides they wouldn't listen to his political brain anyway. Why is Max less than?
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 30 January 2007 6:09:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Howard should get a real run for his money." Yes, but off whom?
Howard and Rudd will get a real run (I do not mean greasing them) from the big business interests they represent. At this stage it is hard to tell who Mr.Murdoch with his billion dollars will promote. In 1985 the banks all promoted the Labor Party. And the banks made enormous profits. Wages in those days were paid directly in cash. Millions of new accounts were opened up as wages were transferred via the banks and viola a whole new transaction process brought in replete with multi fee system. Hawke and Keating came to power claiming "they were for the poor" and "their would be no children in poverty." When Hawke retired this man of the poor was rewarded with two and a quarter million dollars for his treachery.
In the 1990's the Liberals came to power claiming they were for the battlers! The oil cartels will give them a good run for their money. Whilst for five minutes on election day they will both be crying for the battler, the little man, no child in poverty etc., Well, five minutes might be an exaggeration perhaps a couple of minutes at most.
Of course, for over a hundred years their actions have created the poor.
Some say they cannot tell the difference between the Labor Party and the Liberals and some say their isn't any. Some call them disguised liberals, or closet liberals, others say the Vaucluse Labor Party was an arm of the rich and others call them the Labor liutenants of capitalism
Posted by johncee1945, Saturday, 3 February 2007 5:11:23 PM
It doesn't surprise me at all that Maxine McKew has been roped in by Labor. She's always infuriated me with her very obvious Labor views in interviews on the ABC. However I think Rudd and Labor will find they still haven't got a hope of winning the next election. From Latham to Rudd is the sublime to the ridiculous. Rudd's prissy little persona is not what Australians want for a prime minister and the gathering in of Maxine only makes people like me even more against a change of federal government. Kim Beasley was a much more likely winner and I think the Labor party will live to regret what they did to him. JMV
Posted by JMV, Tuesday, 6 February 2007 6:46:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy