The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Law must be upheld by all sides > Comments

Law must be upheld by all sides : Comments

By Kirsten Storry, published 25/1/2007

Authorities and leaders in remote communities need a new approach to resolve conflicts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Rainier once again you devert the thread to stop haveing to answer a question.
Your infamous rants that I hate Japanese? on what evedence?and insulting but unproven slur about Anzac day belittles you.
You seem to think I am denieing the past again I clearly am not.
The crimes of geat Britian included slavery and chains for many of those first white Australian forced migrants.
However they are not looking back and mostly not stalled in the past, you must understand your insults will not change the facts.
Far too many of your people are stuck in a degradeing world they are at least partly resposable for.
The other poster must inform me why Aboridginal men in so many cases rape their children and flog their wifes ,find a way to blame whites for that.
Tell me white crime from last century are worse.
Worse than the dreadfull relality of todays under acheavement and crimes against children and mothers
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 January 2007 7:20:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, tell me about the cultural, sociological and historical reasons white men do what they do? If you think I'm here to represent my 'race' so are you.
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 29 January 2007 7:30:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all,

Belly, it seems you are a victim of your own beliefs in that you fallen for the 2006 media hype.

Are white men guilty of crimes against women and children too? If so, then should I as an Aboriginal man spout a generalised statement saying that you and your kind are all accountable of the actions of your fellow mates (if you hang around any that do).

Yes, black and white men abuse women and this is a national crime that needs to be addressed. Highlighting it as only an Indigenous issue deflects the importance into the attitude that they need to fix it themselves before we help them scenario...clearly a racist strategy that is working. Has anything serious happened since that NT Judge poured in to the ABC last year? Clearly a way of vexing the general sin by condemning the weakest victims.

Step back and see that historically, us blck mob have 'generally' been victim to violence, disease, racism, disenfranchisement and restrictions to the life and liberty that many other Australians were not. Did your family require permission to move off missions? Mine did! Did your family have to seek permission to marry? Mine did! Did your mob use ID cards that told officials that they were not allowed to leave the dormatories, work, live, buy property or be an Australian because they were a 'ward of the state' regardless of their age. Mine did!

Climb out of your own views and step in the shoes of the most discriminated member of Australian society. Why do they need Royal Commission Recommendations and Interstate decision reviews? Simply because no one thinks they deserve justice!
Posted by 2deadly, Monday, 29 January 2007 11:49:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok Graham,
I might be a little slow but why is it ok for the likes of Belly to bastardise history and make broard and inflamitory statements about Aboriginal people But it is not Ok to expect clarification on what the Qld police union is saying.

Perhaps you might be able to shed some light on the questions I asked in the edited section.

Why or how could their objections not be interpreted as quite sinister?

What is the police union objecting to? Their member being charged?

And finally, why is it that police union expect their members to be above the law?
Posted by Aka, Monday, 29 January 2007 12:02:20 PM
Not sure exactly what you are talking about. The posts that were removed were removed because they commented on the guilt or innocence of Hurley. As a trial is imminent those comments could easily breach the contempt laws. That doesn't stop race issues being discussed. As far as I can see Belly's comments that are on this thread do not address the Hurley issue.
Posted by GrahamY, Monday, 29 January 2007 12:14:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thankyou to the person who acknowledged the teacher strike in Woorabinda. I had my house broken into oon Chritsmas eve and spent christmas day cleaning up in Woorabinda. The kids got out on bail only to break in again a couple of weeks later. They went to court and are out on probation. If you were to ask the kids what happened, they would tell you "I got off," it is nothing to them. For all of you who live in big cities Woorabinda has 4 police officers. They are off duty at midnight could you imagine how much overtime they have to do. I imagine that the police here are in a very high stress situation. There are gangs of petrol sniffing youths sometimes up to 30 kids, they rule the town at night. Anyway just thought I would give you a real insight (a very small insight) from someone who lives in a community.
Posted by woorie teacher, Monday, 29 January 2007 2:22:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy