The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Book review: 'A Caged Virgin' > Comments

Book review: 'A Caged Virgin' : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 11/12/2006

Ayaan Hirsi Ali's characterisations of Islam have made her a darling of various anti-Islam apparatchiks.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
A more complete review of the book should have included the bits about how Ali discovered for the first time in her life the Christian God's love and how that fact was hidden from her in her islamic cultural environment.

It is that single discovery that made her decide to criticise her religion and its many false teachings. She realised for the first time that non-muslims are not all "evil and non-believers" like she was taught.

So Irfan get over FGM, Sufism and other folk islamic practices and discuss the real issues of your religion - like the fear verses that fill 20% of the Qur'an - and how women are to be treated by men here and in the Muslim paradise, etc...

Why is it when muslims discover freedom (usually in the west) and start vocalising their honest opinions, persecutions against them (fatwas) always follows?

Why is Islam so insecure about revealing its beliefs and practices?

If Islam was really THE ONE TRUE religion why does it constantly induce so much criticism from its own members (let alone the rest of the thinking world) who discover its faults?

It’s time for Muslims to question the validity of their religious teachings and practises instead of attacking those who do.
Posted by coach, Monday, 11 December 2006 4:39:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh

Irfan is a racist, take a look at this article by him.....

http://madhabirfy.blogspot.com/2005/11/young-turks-poised-to-take-over.html

In it he compares Turk to arab/leb mossies and their beliefs and he regards Turks as the better of the two. Which in my experience is mostly true having known many Turks in my time.

Imagine swapping Turk with Anglo Aussie and arab with Chinese and had it been written by you or me, it'd be howled down as racist.

By the way Irf, caught up with one of my old NPWS workmates the other day. Just thought you'd like to know that your mossie bros and sistas are still swarming into Sydney parks and not paying for their tickets, blocking access gates and 'no stopping' areas, lighting fires on fire ban days and still leading the way in welfare abuse.

Take care

CARNIFEX
Posted by CARNIFEX, Monday, 11 December 2006 4:43:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh, carnifex, coach and B_D. Thank you for your comments. When something I write causes so much pain to you, I know I've done well.
Posted by Irfan, Monday, 11 December 2006 4:57:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coach,

Confrontation with Christianity may well have caused her to question Islam but Hirsi Ali is a fierce atheist who trod on the toes of many of Verdonk's conservative liberals.

There are huge differences between Muslims from different cultures. Holland is now 5% Muslim from Moroccan origins. These migrants have a different lifestyle from the mostly Malay Muslims in Perth. Honour bashings and killings are common in Holland and unheard of here.

Hirsi Ali has many great insights and we could learn much from her. However to take her political essays out of context of the dutch political scene would be a mistake and can lead to misinterpretation.

If she was too radical for dutch politics she would be way to radical for US congress (an atheist free zone). In moving to the US she yields the power (and the need for compromise) as lawmaker to the inspiration of becoming an ideas person in the worlds most powerful democracy.

If she succeeds in leading her gender out of bondage she'll go down in history with the likes of MLK and Mandela.

Good Luck Ayaan, the world needs you!
Posted by gusi, Monday, 11 December 2006 7:09:09 PM
“Classical Islam are freely available in universities such as Leiden” Irfan Yusef, WOW, that says more about universities then anything else. You need to drop the ‘Classical Islam’ statement and replace it with ‘Primitive desert book’ so as to read your statement as follows ‘a Primitive Desert Book is freely available in universities such as......’

Muslims and this author in general take themselves far too seriously. The Australian culture does not except a group of people who are so highly strung as to kill people due to silly cartoons.
Once again like a broken record I repeat the continual statement that the letting in of Islam into Australia (west) was a very very bad decision, one that’s going to cost us.
I suppose I would be very worried too if I was a single pen stroke away from being deported to an unbearably hot sand pit.

You and most Muslims are never one to except justified criticism of your religion or race, especially by a fellow Muslim as you have highlighted in this article. Yes we get it mr Aurthor sir ‘don’t you dare criticize my primitive literature’ sentiments. You need to come out and say ‘There are many problems with our religion in which most a very serious’.
Heres a few of your problems ‘female genital mutilation, terrorism, complete failure to integrate, inability to look inwards(sign of weakness and possibly not liking what they’d find), take trivial matters far to serious(embarrassingly serious in case of cartoons), Rude, mass murder in peaceful society’s i.e. London. The list goes on my incompetent friend.

Irfan
Until your intellectual ability passes that of a 5 year old, try and refrain from pushing those little plastics keys on that keyboard in front of you.
Posted by obviously, Monday, 11 December 2006 7:10:05 PM
I can't speak for the others, Irfan. But you don't cause me pain; you are a pain. Same old blah blah which doesn't seem to have much effect on anything or anyone.

Lack of material today was the only thing that lead me to revisit your nonsense.
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 11 December 2006 7:10:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy