The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Truth, West Papua and Indonesia: 2 + 2 really can = 5 > Comments

Truth, West Papua and Indonesia: 2 + 2 really can = 5 : Comments

By Adam Henry, published 16/11/2006

To be critical of the Indonesian military for its documented and appalling human rights record is not anti-Indonesian.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Addendum:

@Isaac Brock:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too! I can't wait for my holiday trip!

@Stomont:

I might post elsewhere if I find the topic attractive :-)
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Friday, 22 December 2006 4:08:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, must have caught you before the Prozac had time to set in!

Never suggested anything about those groups you highlighted, only your racist language against Indonesians and Aborigines. Just so you know (by the sounds of you must be a brilliant Hebrew scholar) Issac is the Dutch version/variant of the Hebrew Isaac..... but of course you already knew that.

Stormfront are a white supremacist group. I just assumed by the lack of intellect to your responses to PTBI (who at least knows how to put together a position) that you might be connected.

Any fair reading of your posts indicates something cultural and possibly racially based against indigenous Australians. South American friends don't actually mean you are not racist against Indonesians and Aborigines. I mentioned if PTBI paid up front fees for an Australian university course he should ask for the cash back, you on the other hand might benefit from some debate tutoring from PTBI....(he's right wing but he "sounds" well read and intelligent.

PTBI, you know perfectly well that Indonesians are not into toleration the way in which you imply. Yes, Sukarno as part of his move into leading the non-aligned anti-colonial movement supported liberation. Good on him, but that does not support your assessment.

My point was that the Indonesian economy is not self sufficient and theirs was. They did this to extend the middle finger to the world regarding their human rights conduct.

What I also connected was that the human rights excuses of hardline supporters of Apartheid greatly resembles your own current hardheaded approach. As member of a nation shaped by Dutch colonialism this similarity, own your part, is not LOL funny. It is very sad.

You know full well the record of the TNI.

I can concede aspects of your comparison with Australia, but this too is your own racially based assessment.

There are indeed parallels with SA in Indonesia, Israel etc Perhaps the reason you fail to see in Indonesian reflects that the dominant Indonesian ethnic group shapes your own social outlook.

Anyway PTBI Merry Christmas.

Best I
Posted by Issac Brock, Friday, 22 December 2006 10:09:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It baffles me to read PTBI comments on this article. He seems to have unreasonable hatred toward Australia. His comments implies the anti-western perspective.
I mostly disagree to what he said. It is a myth that Indonesia does not need any aid from other countries. Sukarno reliant on Soviet and communist countries and Suharto close ties with US are evident of the country need of building relationship, including receiving aids from other countries
Posted by zapata, Thursday, 11 January 2007 9:17:45 AM
Don't worry about PTBI. His real name is Pranay, and he's a sissy. He would rather live in a third world hellhole like Indonesia over an advanced capitalist country like Australia. Of course he wants Australia given back to the aborigines. Makes it so much easier for Indonesia to take over Australia with only the Aborigines around.
Posted by PJT, Monday, 15 January 2007 3:13:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy